Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

when to pre-condition for driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't like to / need to use seat warmer or heater in winter. Where I live sees a max of 5 days under 0C or 32F degrees in winter. Even then, the car is parked in garage, which never gets below 45F or 7C degrees. Is it recommended to pre condition the battery in this environment before driving? If so, how do I do that? When I set scheduled departure, it appears to allow allow me to heat the seats and cabin, which I don't want. I do not see an option to head the battery. Thanks

No. There are few if any practical reasons to heat the battery before you depart in the morning, particularly if you have no interest in cabin preconditioning. It’s just wasting energy.
This^ . The only reason to precondition is to maximize range for a road trip. You can precondition from the AC power and not take it from the battery. It will give you more regen if you precondition but it does not reduce power consumption. The only reason outside of a road trip to precon is for cabin comfort.