Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will AP1 and earlier cars get recent updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6b9c53fe17122a68ca1ecd5ee8637937--tuit-posts.jpg

I have a cat. Dog mode is offensive. ;)

Auto folding mirrors via software update? That a thing? My mirrors have folded automatically when I exit and it locks since I got the car, is there some other feature you're expecting?

I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind if I never got another update. Given the v9 fiasco, I'd wager an update would be more likely to decrease my enjoyment than increase it at this point. I thoroughly enjoy driving my car presently and while I could think of minor improvements that could be done with OTA updates to make me enjoy it more, I'd be perfectly fine if the current experience remained for the remainder of my ownership.

It’s one of those “be careful what you wish for”. There are often bugs and regressions when they add new features. But if you really want the latest update, you can always go to your service center and ask for it to be staged.

Auto folding mirrors via software update? That a thing? My mirrors have folded automatically when I exit and it locks since I got the car, is there some other feature you're expecting?

I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind if I never got another update. Given the v9 fiasco, I'd wager an update would be more likely to decrease my enjoyment than increase it at this point. I thoroughly enjoy driving my car presently and while I could think of minor improvements that could be done with OTA updates to make me enjoy it more, I'd be perfectly fine if the current experience remained for the remainder of my ownership.
I got the first Takata airbag recall letter. I'm hoping that this is a mobile service thing because the mobile tech who came out before for the other recall was a really good guy. I'm hoping he can do me a favor and dismiss the current update and if possible disable future updates. I guess I should have a stack of $$$ as I'd pay for that. I'm 100% happy with the car as I have it now.

• Love
Reactions: Knightowl
I'm pretty happy with the latest 50.6 that I've been driving with since a few weeks. So it has not been months for my AP1 car.
It did not bring new features, but improved on stability and fixed some bugs in my experience, so I can't complain.

Now I must confess: I'm like a child, eager to get the next candy/update. In particular oping for the easier lane change (1 pull) and the climate window with all in one (seats & controls). And not too much new/old bugs (zombie bugs ?) or regression :D

Guess indeed next Friday for sure my wait will be over :)

I'm pretty happy with the latest 50.6 that I've been driving with since a few weeks. So it has not been months for my AP1 car.
It did not bring new features, but improved on stability and fixed some bugs in my experience, so I can't complain.
same here, latest update (50.6) received a few weeks ago - no new major features but it did fix at least one music player bug for me. I wouldn't say there's been any noticeable decrease in update frequency on my AP1 MS over my 3+ yrs of ownership, though of course I don't expect there'll be too many big new features in the future for our older cars. OTOH hopefully they continue to fix other bugs...

I got the first Takata airbag recall letter. I'm hoping that this is a mobile service thing because the mobile tech who came out before for the other recall was a really good guy. I'm hoping he can do me a favor and dismiss the current update and if possible disable future updates. I guess I should have a stack of $$$ as I'd pay for that. I'm 100% happy with the car as I have it now.

fyi Mobile Service did my airbag recall at my home back in January - it only took about 50 minutes total. He did not load any update at the time (I was on 48.12.1 at the time, I later received 50.6 a few weeks later)

• Informative
Reactions: kavyboy
I had the enhanced anti-theft installed a couple of weeks ago (Model S, AP1). As part of that they said they're staging the latest update.
I got to work and received the notification that an update was available. I told it to install, and it installed the same version it was already on (2018.50.6).

Dammit Tesla, you got me again.