Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will Bonnie get her Model X?

When will Bonnie take delivery of her Model X Sig #2

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it looks like the vast majority of us were too optimistic with Bonnie's delivery date. #stillwaiting

poll.png

I was hoping Bonnie would get hers already but When I saw this thread last month I guessed after Dec 1 just because she has repeatedly said she hasn't been given a delivery estimate and I expect they'd give her several weeks to liquidate funds if she wants to pay in full or arrange financing in comfort if she wants to finance.

Well it looks like the vast majority of us were too optimistic with Bonnie's delivery date. #stillwaiting

My post was made on Oct 7th guessing she wouldn't get it before Dec 1st. If anyone guessed before Oct 7th that she wouldn't get it until after Dec 1st they had me beat but I'm still in the winning group I do believe.

Man it's hard to write a sentence about a past date of a prediction of a future event and then reference other possible past dates of said future events.

I propose that we officially change the thread titles to "When will Bonnie Get her Model Xes?" :)

I am reminded of a line from "Contact:"

"First rule in government spending: why build one when you can have two at twice the price?"

(OK, not exactly appropriate, but close enough for rock and roll). And if this seems snarky, it is not. Just pure unadulterated envy. :) Very happy for Bonnie, actually. Will be even happier when she has a delivery date. And happier still when we get to see pictures!

Bonnie, So still no date on the Sig?

Some other early Sig reservation holders are reporting that Tesla told them "last week of December". My guess is that Bonnie's is in that delivery window as well.

But we should keep in mind that in Tesla's calendar the "last week of December" might be what other people call "some time in Q1/2016". Just a year ago a lot of future P85D owners were told that they'd get their car in 2014 and quite a few of them did not.

Some other early Sig reservation holders are reporting that Tesla told them "last week of December". My guess is that Bonnie's is in that delivery window as well.

I emailed my DS (and the Sales Advisors), asking if I could change my order to have the 22" carbon wheels available on the production vehicles - on my confirmed SIG X. Although my DS did not answer, I got an email from the sales advisor which, after saying I could not change my order, provided the following info...

"From what I can see, your car should be done being made early December and you do live in CA, I’m sure your car will be delivered very fast (Late December/Early January) but I can’t promise before the end of 2015. Even for our Model S delivery time is 2-3 months, so we’re on schedule."

Doesn't Instill a lot of confidence for a 2015 delivery but seems like deliveries are getting closer - SIG Reservation 700, VIN #27X,

I like how 24 people added their votes to the "After December 1st" selection since November 13th. :smile:

Haha that's very funny :)

Given that Bonnie still doesn't have a date, we can say that "After December 1" is the correct answer at this point.

I was one of the very few folks that said Dec deliveries in mid/late Sep. I reasoned it out in this post.

Although my choice is right, it is still to be seen if my reasoning is correct.

My core point was Tesla will fix the 2nd row seats and deliver folding ones. Lets see what happens.

Couple of related thoughts:

1) Shareholder letter, published on Nov 3, shown a picture of X bodies in production. Clearly Tesla wanted to tell people they are producing the Xes. But there are not a lot of deliveries to show for it and not even confirmed dates. So seems like Tesla is stockpiling almost finished cars waiting for a few last parts. My guess is that's the seats... I wonder if the delay is due to unexpected slowness in building the (compromised) seats or if it is because of trying to change them so that they can fold. My guess (as in - speculation) is still the latter.

2) For more than a month on this forum any thread you take the only discussion was about the second row seats. But since the reveal event on Sep 29, I haven't seen a single (major) media report/review talking about it. Is the forum really that misguided? or is it the case that Tesla requested the media, not to talk about it as they are still working on the final tweaks, so to speak. Again, my speculation is it is the latter.

All in all, I still expect/speculate that the 2nd row seats will fold by the time signature folks get their cars. And that would be a very positive move in my view.

Last edited:
technical jargon?

I emailed my DS (and the Sales Advisors), asking if I could change my order to have the 22" carbon wheels available on the production vehicles - on my confirmed SIG X. Although my DS did not answer, I got an email from the sales advisor which, after saying I could not change my order, provided the following info...

"From what I can see, your car should be done being made early December and you do live in CA, I’m sure your car will be delivered very fast (Late December/Early January) but I can’t promise before the end of 2015. Even for our Model S delivery time is 2-3 months, so we’re on schedule."

Doesn't Instill a lot of confidence for a 2015 delivery but seems like deliveries are getting closer - SIG Reservation 700, VIN #27X,

" should be done being made" sounds like the way my grandaughter might phrase "completed" :frown:

2) For more than a month on this forum any thread you take the only discussion was about the second row seats. But since the reveal event on Sep 29, I haven't seen a single (major) media report/review talking about it. Is the forum really that misguided? or is it the case that Tesla requested the media, not to talk about it as they are still working on the final tweaks, so to speak. Again, my speculation is it is the latter.

Since when was it possible to get the media to not talk about something? Trying to do that will result in someone spilling the beans with an exclusive story about the company trying to silence the media.

All polls like this should be invalidated without a year specified....its Tesla Time people. :rolleyes: Congrats to Bonnie, I have the feeling that her delivery will shut down about a dozen threads, and probably kick off a dozen more.