Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will I get Stop Sign/Traffic Light Control update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 S75D with AP2.5, MCU1, EAP, and I paid for FSD (no hardware update yet). I recently received updates 2010.12.11.5, then 2020.16.2.1 and they did not include the stop sign/traffic light control. Can anyone tell me if I missed something? I thought I would have received it by now. Is this a configuration issue? Do I need AP3.0? Is it not released for the Model S yet?

You do need HW3, FSD computer, free with paid FSD. You could probably schedule an MCU2/FSD upgrade now. I'm not sure if HW3 only for MCU1/AP2.5 is schedulable yet. They've been prioritizing MCU1->MCU2 ugrades, with AP2.5 first and AP2.0 just starting.

ETA: Go ahead and try to schedule an update and see what they say.

I’m in the same bot. I tried scheduling my HW3 upgrade a month or so ago but the appointment was canceled. :(

I also heard that our config (HW2.5 with paid for FSD) was getting emailed now to offer the MCU 2 upgrade (which includes the complimentary HW3 upgrade), but I haven’t seen an email yet. So frustrating!

I’m in the same bot. I tried scheduling my HW3 upgrade a month or so ago but the appointment was canceled. :(

I also heard that our config (HW2.5 with paid for FSD) was getting emailed now to offer the MCU 2 upgrade (which includes the complimentary HW3 upgrade), but I haven’t seen an email yet. So frustrating!
offer the MCU2 upgrade free ? It's 2000$ for the upgrade ?

Just finished my HW3 update. Now have traffic light and stop signs but cannot see any other change and no overall improvement in anything. I had hoped for some browser speed increase but just the same. Mobil repair did the job. Hope I didn’t just get a placebo.

You won't get the browser speed increase or the entertainment stuff (netflix, etc.) without paying for the MCU2 upgrade. But in terms auto pilot, are you able to turn it on for local streets? and does the car stop at traffic lights and stop signs now?

I just got my HW3 with MCU1 on Thursday. It took 2 techs to get a patch to work with new hardware. Second guy did all the work remotely.
Anyway back to new stop light question. The cat wants to stop at every light. If it's a green light you have to press accelerator or steering wheel stalk for it to keep on going. And when it's a red light & no one is in front of you, it starts slowing down but it doesn't fully stop &freaks out making you take over to come to complete stop. Before HW3, my car would come to complete stop if there's a car in front of me & would accelerate when car I'm front starts moving on green. I would assume it'll do same with HW3.

You won't get the browser speed increase or the entertainment stuff (netflix, etc.) without paying for the MCU2 upgrade. But in terms auto pilot, are you able to turn it on for local streets? and does the car stop at traffic lights and stop signs now?

I just got my HW3 with MCU1 on Thursday. It took 2 techs to get a patch to work with new hardware. Second guy did all the work remotely.
Anyway back to new stop light question. The cat wants to stop at every light. If it's a green light you have to press accelerator or steering wheel stalk for it to keep on going. And when it's a red light & no one is in front of you, it starts slowing down but it doesn't fully stop &freaks out making you take over to come to complete stop. Before HW3, my car would come to complete stop if there's a car in front of me & would accelerate when car I'm front starts moving on green. I would assume it'll do same with HW3.
Nice, I guess !?! :)