Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will my car get updates? Its been AGES already!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(moderator note)

I merged your newly created thread from the model 3 subforum into this one because the OP in this thread captures everything we currently know about software version releases etc.

The TL ; DR version is, you have to do what your user name is (wait).
Thanks. What seems strange to me and what I’m trying to fully understand is that it seems like it will randomly decide what software version to install. Ex: I think 2022.24.13 came out in September. Why did it pick 2022.24.13 over 2022.40.XX? Just seems strange to me but I guess it’s random

Thanks. What seems strange to me and what I’m trying to fully understand is that it seems like it will randomly decide what software version to install. Ex: I think 2022.24.13 came out in September. Why did it pick 2022.24.13 over 2022.40.XX? Just seems strange to me but I guess it’s random

it is completely, 100% random on our end. There will be times when you read about some update or other, and wait weeks, and never get it, but get some other newer version.

New cars usually come with a factory firmware. You sure yours isnt 2022 24.103 (not 13)?

it is completely, 100% random on our end. There will be times when you read about some update or other, and wait weeks, and never get it, but get some other newer version.

New cars usually come with a factory firmware. You sure yours isnt 2022 24.103 (not 13)?
Yes it’s 2022.24.13. It’s a used 2019 that I got last week.

The main reason I came across this was I was playing around with the car/app and was trying to open the doors from the app but it appears I don’t have new enough software.

My car is running v11.0 (2022.40.4). The newer updates are not offered to me via the app. I’d really like to upgrade and take advantage of the interior camera as I leave my dogs in the car.

Is this update not available on 2019 models?

In the car, make sure Software Updates on the Controls > Software screen is set to Advanced. Your car also needs access to cellular service to get notified of updates (even if you’re connected to WiFi).
I have those settings you’ve mentioned and cellular connectivity. My car was in the shop for 39 days in service mode, maybe that has something to do with it.

I have those settings you’ve mentioned and cellular connectivity. My car was in the shop for 39 days in service mode, maybe that has something to do with it.
Mine was in for 3 weeks. *While it was there* in service mode, I could see the pending update for 2022.44.30.5 (I had to grab some things from the car). I didn't want to try to install it and break something.

I believe they did a firmware re-install as part of my repair (front inverter replacement). Now the pending update isn't available. I wonder if it resets your position in whatever queue they're using. Or otherwise just bad luck, if it's random.