Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will Tesla add the following to the Route Planner: SOC at Arrival - Deleting individual Charge Starions - Display Non Tesla Charge Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When will Tesla add the following to the Route Planner:

- Set SOC at Arrival
- Deleting individual Charge Starions
- Display Non Tesla Charge Stations
- Let the owner pre-heat the battery with a push of a button.
Mercedes, VW, BMW all have those features.

Reactions: cruiserlarry
It took them 10 years to even add the route planner to the app so maybe another 10.

Tesla STILL does not have a more granular charge scheduling option for people with more varied schedules that are not strictly M-F 9-5 office jobs. Other automakers let you set charge/precondition times per day of the week.

Reactions: cruiserlarry

- Set SOC at Arrival
1. How do you propose this happening? Just charge longer at your last Supercharger stop.
2. can easily be done
3. also able to be done with current system
4. again, able to be done.

🤷🏿‍♂️

SOC on arrival - already does that!

Attachments

• 2AD2A8B4-159A-40DC-B5E0-8C498A6E0F8F.jpeg
    2AD2A8B4-159A-40DC-B5E0-8C498A6E0F8F.jpeg
    440.7 KB · Views: 130
1. How do you propose this happening? Just charge longer at your last Supercharger stop. REALLY?! AS SIMPLE AS ADDING A FILTER OPTION FOR ROUT PLANNING!
2. can easily be done. HOW??
3. also able to be done with current system. HOW?? NO NON TESLA CHARGE STATIONS ARE DISPLAYED AS OPTIONS TO BE SELECTED.
4. again, able to be done. NOT TRUE. THERE IS NO MENUE OPTION TO PREHEAT THE BATTERY. OF I MISSED THIS TELL EVERYONE HOW! DONT TELL ME TO SELECT A NEARBY CHARGE STATION!!
🤷🏿‍♂️

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
You did not understand my post. I stated that I want to select the SOC. Tesla does not allow you to do that. Big difference.
Unplug when the displayed Arrival percentage is where you want it. 😁

We do most of our road trips around the US Southeast and southern Midwest, and there is no perfect target percentage, as it varies depending on external temperature and whether there are intermediate Superchargers.

Ex: Driving in Florida, I'm happy to target 8%, but if driving through on I-40 in Arkansas in the winter would target 20%

BTW My biggest problem with the Arrival percentage is the car recalculates it as you drive away from the Supercharger, and the difference can be as much as 10%. 🤬

Unplug when the displayed Arrival percentage is where you want it. 😁

We do most of our road trips around the US Southeast and southern Midwest, and there is no perfect target percentage, as it varies depending on external temperature and whether there are intermediate Superchargers.

Ex: Driving in Florida, I'm happy to target 8%, but if driving through on I-40 in Arkansas in the winter would target 20%

BTW My biggest problem with the Arrival percentage is the car recalculates it as you drive away from the Supercharger, and the difference can be as much as 10%. 🤬
You just do not get it!

I think what OP wants is to arrive at the destination with a set amount of SOC and plan the whole route accordingly.

That way, let’s say they have day trips the next morning or something. And there is no charger at the destination. They don’t want to start the day off charging a depleted battery from the day before. In fact, the way it works it often optimizes you reach the destination with a depleted battery. And that’s not always the most convenient.

And over charging at the last stop before destination might not be optimal cost and time wise either. The whole plan could change if you want to arrive with say 70% SOC.

Last edited:
This is the solution

They also have an app.
This is not a „Solution“. This App does not know the current state of charge of the vehicle, nor does it know the cars consumption during the trip.

This is not a „Solution“. This App does not know the current state of charge of the vehicle, nor does it know the cars consumption during the trip.
feels like feeding a troll...

but
ABRP (premium, i think) does everything you ask for.. sounds like you want that build in. so - go buy a polestar if you want that today.

if you want to argue with tesla users - we'll, you're doing that already.

if you want tesla to add features - great. you made your post. maybe a telsa designer will read it (probably not though) I suppose they did add waypoints after a bit...

- Set SOC at Arrival
No one here knows. Thanks for asking

That said, I use ABRP for the first three. With regards to the last point, I'd actually like a 'stop preheating' button.