Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Will Tesla Release FSD?

When Will Tesla Release FSD?

• 3Q18

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 4Q18

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1Q19

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2Q19

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • 3Q19

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 4Q19

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 1Q20

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • 2Q20

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 3Q20

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • 4Q20

Votes: 8 9.3%

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • 2022+

Votes: 39 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to laugh at anyone who voted any time in 2019. If they're serious, I think they've drank too much of the Elon Kool-Aid and are unaware of the progress, efforts, capabilities, programs and challenges of other major players (e.g. Waymo/Google and Cruise Automation).

But Waymo is planning to launch a an autonomous ride-hailing service in 2018, and Cruise is planning to do so in 2019.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
But Waymo is planning to launch a an autonomous ride-hailing service in 2018, and Cruise is planning to do so in 2019.
Read my replies below:
How well does Autopilot work compared to the competition?

Also look at these:
Waymo and GM still lead the pack in California’s new self-driving report cards
publicity stunt video Google released in 2012: Autonomous Car Progress.

Consider all of the above. We know that Autopilot/Tesla's driver assistance features still has limitations like not being able to reliably detect pedestrians and cyclists, work on sharp curves, can't execute left turns nor right turns, can't read stop signs nor traffic lights, etc. And, we find that it can't reliably detect stopped vehicles (e.g. several crashes into parked fire trucks and most recently a cop car). From all of this, you really think Tesla will have level 5 (did you see the SAE level definitions?) by end of 2019?

Tesla is already way behind on AP vs. what Elon's tweeted/talked about numerous times. The divorce from Mobileye didn't help things.

Last edited: