Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will trial start rolling out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still waiting for the notification to pop up saying the fsd trial is available on my 23 m3.

Also, I noticed that you can no longer check for new software anytime you want by going to the software page. It used to check every time you opened that screen but it only appears to check once every 24 hours or so now. :(

I am sorry, I am not that software version savvy like most of you. So I would like a simple answer to two questions:

1. Did the 30-day free trial start on April 1, 2024, and ends April 30?
Or is the 30-day start flexible, depending on when the software is installed, and the email notification agreed upon?

2. If the latter: I am currently on V11.1 (2023.44.30.5.1). Are there any special steps I need to take to get to the FSD trial level?

My car is a 2021 M3P.

Thank you.
Trial starts after you get the fsd email and it will end 30 days from there. And youll get the fsd email after you download the next software update,

Trial starts after you get the fsd email and it will end 30 days from there. And youll get the fsd email after you download the next software update,
After you get the free trial set up you can go to Upgrades> on your phone. The tap on “Manage Upgrades” at the bottom and it will list the upgrades you have including the expiration date for your FSD trial.

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam and danarcha
I am sorry, I am not that software version savvy like most of you. So I would like a simple answer to two questions:

1. Did the 30-day free trial start on April 1, 2024, and ends April 30?
Or is the 30-day start flexible, depending on when the software is installed, and the email notification agreed upon?

2. If the latter: I am currently on V11.1 (2023.44.30.5.1). Are there any special steps I need to take to get to the FSD trial level?

My car is a 2021 M3P.

Thank you.
It starts after the proper software version is installed with FSD(S) v12.3 and lasts for 30 days. You should be notified by email, app message, and in the car when it’s active.

What remains to be seen is if there’s a time frame as to when cars are eligible for the 1 month trial. Eg if someone holds off updating until 3 months from now even though the car is eligible to update, would there still be a 1 month trial from the install date? We don’t know yet.

Reactions: arbitrage000
I can't imagine they would end all of the trials on April 30th giving some people shorter times to evaluate the product.

I just forced my car to do another software check and it still has me at 8.7 saying I am up to date.
Mine started Apr1 and ends May17

1712177476831.png

Reactions: indysurfer
So maybe it is just random (bad) luck that some of us got the upgrade to 2024.8.7 right before this FSD trial was announced. Teslafi shows a sizable number of vehicles on 2024.8.7. (Blue line, while 2024.3.10 is the green line).

View attachment 1034930
This is exactly what happened. It was just random (because it seems Tesla software teams don't communicate with each other) where some cars started getting the 8.X branch at random as always. Then the FSD team had the 12.3.3 ready for the trial but whoops....no one was smart enough to realize a large portion of the fleet was already past the FSD base version.

My friend and I have TeslaFi and we always compare when we get each update. On average he usually gets updates a few days before me but sometimes I get updates before him. Sometimes I skip a few upgrades and jump ahead of him. There has been no pattern to the releases to our two cars. He got 8.7 during the first few days it came out. I never got it and was on 2.7. Then I got 3.10 and he is stuck waiting for the FSD on >8.7.

But maybe the 8.7 people will get an even newer version of FSD once they get their trial. I was also wondering if those on the trial now will be getting any updates during our 30 days??

Just got 2024.3.10 FSD (Supervised) 12.3.3, Granted 30 day complimentary trail for my Model Y purchased February 14.
Message states trail end date June 16, 2024
Drive on SF city streets and across Golden Gate Bridge to wine country and back. It was great except for not dodging potholes and occasional highway lane changes that I would not have done myself.