Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where’s AP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, quick question. Anyone ever have their AP just disappear? I’ve got a 2017 MS with AP2, on Friday I noticed while driving on the highway the AP prompt didn’t appear to engage it. Drove all weekend and didn’t show up. I did a few resets without any luck. Also tried calling tesla support but they weren’t able to help with this issue over the weekend. Anyone ever have this happen before?
Thanks all!

...Anyone ever have their AP just disappear?...

Quite a few in the same boat as yours.

Some were able to fix the issues on their own as you did such as reboots but others also went further by disabling sentry mode, all usb flash dirves...

Still others just have to get a firmware pushed over-the-air by calling their service center.

Good luck!

Quite a few in the same boat as yours.

Some were able to fix the issues on their own as you did such as reboots but others also went further by disabling sentry mode, all usb flash dirves...

Still others just have to get a firmware pushed over-the-air by calling their service center.

Good luck!
Thanks for the information!

Hi everyone, quick question. Anyone ever have their AP just disappear? I’ve got a 2017 MS with AP2, on Friday I noticed while driving on the highway the AP prompt didn’t appear to engage it. Drove all weekend and didn’t show up. I did a few resets without any luck. Also tried calling tesla support but they weren’t able to help with this issue over the weekend. Anyone ever have this happen before?
Thanks all!

It's related to a bug that happens when you leave Sentry on all of the time. After you park your car, turn off Sentry from your phone, and then the next time you drive (assuming your car has had a chance to be in sleep mode for 15+ minutes) everything should be back to normal. The official instructions from Tesla are to also remove anything plugged into the USB ports, but I haven't needed to do that. It should be fixed in the next firmware update.

2017 Model S 75D currently on 2019.16.2. I live and work in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and we have had some very hot days. My car is parked outside during the day with minimal shade and the interior can reach 115 degrees easily. Until recently Sentry Mode was active while the car was parked at work and as we have all learned Sentry Mode disables Cabin Overheat. For my evening commute home I'm without autopilot and I assumed it was due to Sentry Mode and the cabin overheating. I've observed that my daytime running lights are on with the sun shinning bright and there are no other visualizations in the instrument cluster other than my vehicle (in traffic). By the time I make it home, about a 30 minute commute, my car has cooled and the automatic headlamps are now off. I back into my garage, put the car in park, then back and drive and everything is back to normal (I can see my wife's vehicle in the instrument cluster).