TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Where can I buy a single 21" grey turbine rim?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by badlydrawnboy, Jul 10, 2016.

1. badlydrawnboy

badlydrawnboy Member

Like an idiot today I pulled in to a parking spot and the front right rim scraped against the curb and scuffed it up pretty badly. The car is less than a week old. I might get over it, but it's pretty hard to take and I'm considering buying a new rim. Where can I do that?

2. babyjocko

babyjocko Member

Perhaps a better option is matching grey touchup paint. Scraping the rim is bound to happen...again. I've ordered the same rims and wonder how to keep them grey. Just about every Grey Turbines I've seen have scratches -- silver alloy showing through.

3. badlydrawnboy

badlydrawnboy Member

Any idea how to match that color?

Ironically, I had a VW Jetta Sportwagen for almost 8 years and never did that once! Then I buy a $100k Tesla and do it in the first week. That's partly why I'm considering buying another rim. Just bugs the crap out of me.

4. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Take a look in this forum's parts for sale section and also on Ebay. Since you are new to the car, you need to be aware it is a bit wider than other cars and this can lead to rim bumps, especially on right hand turns or parallel parking. This happens to all of us, just a matter of time...

5. badlydrawnboy

badlydrawnboy Member

Yes, I did note that. With other cars, the tire rather than the rim would hit the curb. I guess I probably did do that a few times with previous cars. :)

6. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Go or call your local SC. There's companies out there what will repair it.

Locally, $200+ and they do everything except mount take it off /put on your car.

7. badlydrawnboy

badlydrawnboy Member

I talked to the local SC and they said they have a guy that charges $250 to repair damage like this. I have to take it in for them to replace the welcome plate that was scratched before delivery anyhow, so I'll have them do it then.