Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you put your foot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kinda pull it towards myself and rest my right knee against the center console with my right foot resting on the outside of the forefoot, near the brake pedal so in case I need to override (looking at you, stopped-untracked!) vehicles I can do so quickly. Makes it sound awkward but it's really quite comfortable.

Where do you put your right foot when using TACC? In other cars I'm able to find a more or less tolerable place to put my right foot, but in the Model 3 there doesn't seem to be a good place. o_O

I was wondering if anyone else had this same issue. I take it you noticed how the floor slopes down rather abruptly to be lower beneath the pedals?

In my current non-Tesla car, I put my foot flat on the floor just to the rear of the accelerator pedal -- exactly where that slope is in the Model 3. But that spot doesn't work in the Model 3 due to that slope.

Last edited:
Yeah, in the Prius I can put my foot flat on the floor, but there doesn't seem to be a comfortable way to do that in the Model 3. Holding body parts in awkward positions can become painful. I wonder how this is going to be in a long trip. In every other respect my Model 3 is much more comfortable to drive than my Prius. It's as though they didn't think of this when they designed the car.