Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WHERE is our Carbon Fiber Spoiler and Badging!?!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
n fact some of the badges looked a bit crooked and had to do a reinstall. The story about the install jig needing to be finalized before it could be installed out in the field sounds like the most believable story.

Remember how I said I saw expressions of concern on the techs faces through the rear view?

They were probably debating if the badge was installed correctly.

The team just discovered the red bar was not level on all badges, causing the badge to appear crooked.

Kind of nuts they has to start sorting them at that point by hands

The chief QA teams are likely assigned to the manned dragon launch.

• Funny
Reactions: Jedi2155
Upon closer inspection, looks like the spoiler was not installed properly. The right side of the spoiler is not flush with the car like the other side is. Hopefully Tesla Service can fix it.

But at least I finally got my spoiler ;)

EY4s9su.jpg

BWbA5Zu.jpg

Lni7xbg.jpg

Just thankful AF Costa Mesa PD didn’t set up a dragnet to neutralize front license plate violators and cars with tinted windows.

Casualties would have been in the hundreds.

@b0n3z @Jedi2155 and I felt very uncomfortable and trapped when a police SUV was stalking the driveway. :)

Seriously! Those two SUV patrols that pulled into the parking lot started to scare me a bit. Kinda felt hostage there until they left.

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: Jedi2155 and MXWing
Upon closer inspection, looks like the spoiler was not installed properly. The right side of the spoiler is not flush with the car like the other side is. Hopefully Tesla Service can fix it.

But at least I finally got my spoiler ;)

Can you hold that end and press it against the car for a minute or two and see if it holds? Hopefully, the 3M hasn't cured yet. I noticed a similar thing on @MXWing but not nearly as bad. Pushing it inward holding it there seems to resolve it, but time will tell if it bonded and cured correctly.

Reactions: MXWing
Can you hold that end and press it against the car for a minute or two and see if it holds? Hopefully, the 3M hasn't cured yet. I noticed a similar thing on @MXWing but not nearly as bad. Pushing it inward holding it there seems to resolve it, but time will tell if it bonded and cured correctly.
I tried to push down on it to get it to adhere properly, but it looks like it just isn't installed in the proper spot. I think it has to be removed entirely and reseated.

I called Tesla Service and they sent in a request to send a Tesla Mobile Service unit to my house to reinstall my spoiler. Now that I think about it, I didn't see them use any kind of a jig.

I tried to push down on it to get it to adhere properly, but it looks like it just isn't installed in the proper spot. I think it has to be removed entirely and reseated.

I called Tesla Service and they sent in a request to send a Tesla Mobile Service unit to my house to reinstall my spoiler. Now that I think about it, I didn't see them use any kind of a jig.

You most likely saw this but here are pictures of the jig:

WHERE is our Carbon Fiber Spoiler and Badging!?!?!

Can't wait for it to makes its way to the Bay Area! Thanks to the people getting their spoilers and dealing with the growing pains as Tesla figures out how to streamline and QA this. Use to drive a P90D and ever since, S and 3s look unfinished to me without them (personal opinion).

Surprised no one else has posted about the OC install event last weekend. Makes you wonder how many M3P+ were sold last year in Southern CA vs how many are members of TMC? Also, no one else has reported receiving any future invites. Our badges/spoilers must have all been used for Europe and China...perhaps we will hear in the 2nd Qtr?

Surprised no one else has posted about the OC install event last weekend. Makes you wonder how many M3P+ were sold last year in Southern CA vs how many are members of TMC? Also, no one else has reported receiving any future invites. Our badges/spoilers must have all been used for Europe and China...perhaps we will hear in the 2nd Qtr?
Didn't @MXWing mention they installed at least a hundred?

Reactions: MXWing
@forkee Love it! I have a similar chrome delete, and was thinking about IF i put on the badge, I would have the same company dip / paint it to match the rest of my chrome delete (so it would look like that). Thanks for your pics, as it looks great to me (and I have deep blue model 3).

Is your car the regular tesla deep blue or is there some wrap or something on it? I think its the regular blue but not 100% sure.

Only difference on my car is, the black "rear diffuser" area on the model 3, I have wrapped with a dry carbon fiber look, as well as my mirror caps (and center console, and the dash wood are also wrapped in the same dry carbon fiber look).

I also like the balance of that model 3 logo on the other side, helps balance it out. Lookin great man!

Reactions: forkee
My service center just told me I don’t get the red underline because I’m on a P3-. Is that the experience of other P3- owners? Seems strange that a performance car wouldn’t get it because that’s what it signifies.

My service center just told me I don’t get the red underline because I’m on a P3-. Is that the experience of other P3- owners? Seems strange that a performance car wouldn’t get it because that’s what it signifies.
They are incorrect. I have a P3D- and mine was fitted with the red underline one. If they argue, show them what the picture in the app shows, or the T button in the car screen.

• Helpful
Reactions: Stacks