Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WHERE is our Carbon Fiber Spoiler and Badging!?!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My service center just told me I don’t get the red underline because I’m on a P3-. Is that the experience of other P3- owners? Seems strange that a performance car wouldn’t get it because that’s what it signifies.

The person at your service center (hopefully not your entire service center) is an idiot.

Elon missed a barnacle when cuts were being made and that a new name needs to be on the list.

Show this post as evidence and you will get your badge.

• Helpful
  • Funny
Reactions: forkee and Stacks
The person at your service center (hopefully not your entire service center) is an idiot.

Elon missed a barnacle when cuts were being made and that a new name needs to be on the list.

Show this post as evidence and you will get your badge.
They are incorrect. I have a P3D- and mine was fitted with the red underline one. If they argue, show them what the picture in the app shows, or the T button in the car screen.

Thanks guys! It seemed strange to me so I’m glad that isn’t the case.

@forkee Love it! I have a similar chrome delete, and was thinking about IF i put on the badge, I would have the same company dip / paint it to match the rest of my chrome delete (so it would look like that). Thanks for your pics, as it looks great to me (and I have deep blue model 3).

Is your car the regular tesla deep blue or is there some wrap or something on it? I think its the regular blue but not 100% sure.

Only difference on my car is, the black "rear diffuser" area on the model 3, I have wrapped with a dry carbon fiber look, as well as my mirror caps (and center console, and the dash wood are also wrapped in the same dry carbon fiber look).

I also like the balance of that model 3 logo on the other side, helps balance it out. Lookin great man!

Thank you. Its a wrap by Avery called matte metallic blue

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Guys - I just drove down to Costa Mesa, CA and and asked the service center - parts about the event. The person I talked to D... (really nice guy) said it was a one day event and they learned quite a bit. He mentioned that they handle the mobile repair units for Buena Park, CA. Some of the mobile units have the spoiler - so that might be another option (maybe in just this area). He also mentioned to work with your service advisor.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jedi2155
I'm still waiting....Haven't heard a thing from Tesla yet about the spoiler.
Yea I have not heard a word either. After about 20 unanswered emails from my Owner/Advisor I got this from him..."
Unfortunately, I don’t have an answer for you. Please reach out to [email protected] or call (310) 649-5463. I have been told multiple times thatAll Customers will be made aware when they come.” I would recommend speaking to one of their manager from that department....."

I informed him that their are laws protecting consumers from paying for good and services and not receiving them and if Tesla didn't come up with at least a timeline soon as to when they will arrive lawsuits are going to start.

I have both called and emailed multiple times as my owner/advisor suggested above but BIG SURPRISE I have yet to receive and answer.

Took delivery 9/22/18.

Any news on new people getting their spoilers besides those who attended the event?

I posted in another thread, but on Monday afternoon, I had a notification in my Tesla mobile app informing me that my badge and spoiler were ready for installation. All I had to do was schedule a service appointment (1 month out). Thankfully, I had previously scheduled one for March 6th for some minor issues, and with the hope of getting the spoiler installed at that time.

Took delivery on 8/7.

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
talking about lawsuits over a vanity spoiler and a badge?

like... relax, man.

No, I am talking about goods that I paid for and did not receive. If Tesla wants to credit me back the cost of the spoiler and badging with a check then great-- you won't hear another peep out of me. However if I pay for something, it is never delivered, zero communication is provided as to when or even if it will be delivered and months of silence on this topic from Tesla result, then yes lawsuits to remedy.

You have to keep in mind, this is not normal. What other car company out there gives you a car that doesn't include everything on the sticker yet charges you for everything on the sticker?

No, I am talking about goods that I paid for and did not receive. If Tesla wants to credit me back the cost of the spoiler and badging with a check then great-- you won't hear another peep out of me. However if I pay for something, it is never delivered, zero communication is provided as to when or even if it will be delivered and months of silence on this topic from Tesla result, then yes lawsuits to remedy.

You have to keep in mind, this is not normal. What other car company out there gives you a car that doesn't include everything on the sticker yet charges you for everything on the sticker?

you had a sticker on yours? Did you get the undercoating too? Did the salesman say he had to run back and check with the manager so he could throw in the floor mats?;)

Bad news (more so for the folks who hadn't even gotten an installation appointment):

Hello, my name is xxx and I work for the mobile service team at Tesla. I’m reaching out regarding an upcoming mobile appointment for spoiler installation on your Model 3. Unfortunately, we have found a defect in the spoilers and our inventory is being returned to the factory. I apologize for the inconvenience, but we will need to cancel your appointment and reschedule once a new spoiler part is approved and made available to us. We will reach out to you as soon as the new part is available.

Reactions: is2scooby
Bad news (more so for the folks who hadn't even gotten an installation appointment):

Hello, my name is xxx and I work for the mobile service team at Tesla. I’m reaching out regarding an upcoming mobile appointment for spoiler installation on your Model 3. Unfortunately, we have found a defect in the spoilers and our inventory is being returned to the factory. I apologize for the inconvenience, but we will need to cancel your appointment and reschedule once a new spoiler part is approved and made available to us. We will reach out to you as soon as the new part is available.

Still rather that then doing the install, having it fail, then having to get it corrected at yet another appointment.

Reactions: is2scooby
My service center just told me I don’t get the red underline because I’m on a P3-. Is that the experience of other P3- owners? Seems strange that a performance car wouldn’t get it because that’s what it signifies.
It doesn't signify that. When I get mine, I plan to paint my underline red. I have AWD.
Tell me I can't do that :D

I actually see this as good news.. since its fairly obvious there were QC issues with fitment of the existing part.