Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the best place to purchase/replace/align tires on a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While that's a great price, they limit you to once every 6 months or 6000 miles. So if you hit a pothole and the car starts pulling 3 months after your last alignment your lifetime alignment policy wouldn't cover it. I will still consider doing that just because It's $200-300 per alignment in my area, so that price would be great based on my past alignment needs, but still not thrilled about the 6 month limit. On the other hand, I may just bring it in every 6 months to have it checked cause why not?

Edit: Just got a quote for my area and there's no mention of 6 months. The limit is every 6000 miles. We don't have to drive that much so it takes me about a year to get 6000 miles so I'd be limited to about one alignment per year. Still not terrible, but not great, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While that's a great price, they limit you to once every 6 months or 6000 miles. So if you hit a pothole and the car starts pulling 3 months after your last alignment your lifetime alignment policy wouldn't cover it. I will still consider doing that just because It's $200-300 per alignment in my area, so that price would be great based on my past alignment needs, but still not thrilled about the 6 month limit. On the other hand, I may just bring it in every 6 months to have it checked cause why not?

Edit: Just got a quote for my area and there's no mention of 6 months. The limit is every 6000 miles. We don't have to drive that much so it takes me about a year to get 6000 miles so I'd be limited to about one alignment per year. Still not terrible, but not great, in my opinion.

As you say, it varies by location but, in the above post, it clearly states “or whenever needed.”

Upvote 0
Hmm. Good point. I missed that. Would be interested if anyone who has the lifetime alignment has tried to do it inside the miles/time frame by claiming the car was pulling.

Well, my initial alignment was in January with about 33.5k miles and my follow up after control arms was in June with about 38.3k. I didn’t tell Firestone why I made the appointment and I don’t think they asked.

Less than 6 months and less than 6k with no reason other than I wanted it.

Then again, I’m in Chicago and they deal with the impact of spring potholes pretty regularly. Plus, it comes with a warranty as well so that may be the wiggle room.

Upvote 0
They typically do a New Year’s Day coupon for something like $50 off whatever the regular price is in your area. I waited and used that so it was $159 in my area for 2023 but that was slightly more than the previous year’s price.

I don’t know if they always raise the price at the same time the coupon goes out but, at least for this year, the NY ‘23 coupon was still better than the regular ‘22 price. Whether you pull the trigger without the coupon or wait, you’ll probably get your money’s worth as long as your local shop is good.

Reactions: kpanda17
Upvote 0