Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the Southampton collection point, exactly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JonB

Oct 31, 2021
UK
Hi

I'm collecting my car from Southampton on the 4th Dec. Tesla says it is at Herbert Walker Avenue, but where, exactly? Reason I ask is I just looked at the map and that is one of the quayside roads, goes on a long distance and is likely to be busy so I'd like some sort of indication of where on the road it is. Maybe a pin on the map... here it is in Google Maps.

Herbert Walker Ave · Southampton, UK

Thanks!
JonB

Never been there, but by adding Tesla into the search box at the start, you get

"tesla Herbert Walker Ave, Southampton"

Hopefully someone else has direct experience

1637243765861.png

View attachment 734302
Hmm, I'm not sure if it's still open? Click the link and you can see it says permanently closed. It would be nice though, as it's easier for me to travel to Southampton instead of Winchester to pick up my model Y.

Edit: Also, Tesla Southampton doesn't exist on their map.

Last edited:
The pin on Google Maps that says permanently closed is across the road from where the pickup location is. It's about a 20 minute brisk walk from Southampton Central station or about 8 minutes in a taxi.

Essentially if you come down West Bay Road, turn left into Imperial Way it's on the corner on the left with Herbert Walker Avenue.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton

View attachment 734302
Very close. Its the opposite side of that pin (opposite the terminal). If you come down Imperial way, You can see it as they are in that corner.

I believe there has been a few recent changes around there and the maps may not yet have been updated. If you want to go back out, do so turning right from the collection point and then up Imperial way since I believe the other way (has I recall) no longer has an exit.

As a side note there are few digital speed cameras around there, very much possibly in the OP's route.

Last edited:
These directions come from a member who has picked up his new car today

Dock gate 10, right at the roundabout, head the the Mayflower cruises arrivals turn left at the next roundabout and left again for the Tesla collection centre. If you drive past 200+ Tesla’s in a huge parking area, you’ve gone too far ;-)

These directions come from a member who has picked up his new car today

Dock gate 10, right at the roundabout, head the the Mayflower cruises arrivals turn left at the next roundabout and left again for the Tesla collection centre. If you drive past 200+ Tesla’s in a huge parking area, you’ve gone too far ;-)
I was there today. If you see this you’ve gone too far :)
374A7A18-0061-4FC1-AFD4-8BD838E3D9B9.jpeg

Awesome paint job. Thanks for the map. I've now marked the exact spot in What3Words as I suspect I'll be picking my MY up from there.

Edit: Is there a Tesla shop there as I want to pick up a few accessories, or is it just a collection point?
When I collected last year, it was basically a tent. If you want accessories your best bet is heading up the road to Winchester Showroom and Service Centre !

Evening all - I had booked for MY collection at Bluewater - and just got the text inviting me to pickup at Southampton on 19th Feb.....presumably MYs will make their way to Bluewater or Thorpe Park if not collected from Southampton - or is pickup there non-negotiable?