Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to clip for child seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2 year old and when I went to install the child seat (2nd row) I notice there isn't a clip for the top porrtion. I went ahead and attach the bottom sides, but couldn't a place were I could hook into for the top of the child seat.

Just an FYI about keeping them rear-facing, you may want to consider it. They used to say "Rear for a year", now it's as long as possible because it's infinitely safer for them. Mine is approaching 4 yrs old and still rear facing and has never complained. Some guides are recommending through age five. Something to think about.

Just an FYI about keeping them rear-facing, you may want to consider it. They used to say "Rear for a year", now it's as long as possible because it's infinitely safer for them. Mine is approaching 4 yrs old and still rear facing and has never complained. Some guides are recommending through age five. Something to think about.

Agreed, I did a ton of research on this and the longer the better. I believe in Europe they require rear facing until age 3 (not positive) and they have much better child safety statistics in car crashes as a result. Mine was rear facing until almost 3, and I eventually lost out to peer pressure (or spousal pressure...).

Definitely go rear facing for as long as possible. I drive every day in a rear facing seat. At age 30 you can switch to a booster. Seriously though, to each his own. I spin those suckers around forward as soon as they don't seem like squishy babies anymore (around 1.5 years). I can't stand rear facing seats.

More on topic, on my test drive of a Model S, I didn't think there was a 3rd LATCH point. Then I researched it, found out there was one, went back out to my test drive car, and STILL COULDN'T FIND IT! It's hidden well. A little too well. They should tailor a hem on it so it's easier to find, but still stylish.