Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to Find Sales figures for SR+ vs LR version?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious as to what the sales figures are for the different versions of Model 3. I have googled it, but perhaps I'm not using the right phrase in the search bar? Does the Model 3 SR+ outsell the Long Range version, or vice versa? What are the actual sales figures for last year on these two versions (and Performance version too!).

If you want an idea of choice here on TMC (although not all participate), go to the top of the forum and check out the Model 3 Order Tracking thread. Google doc spreadsheet that you can sort by type (read directions about using if not familar). Speadsheets can be found on the First posted message.

Reactions: kmstivers
Per the orders spreadsheet (Teslike Model 3 Order Tracker #3):

upload_2020-1-16_6-59-12.png

This is a small portion of total owners I suspect, so take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: mrau
Per the orders spreadsheet (Teslike Model 3 Order Tracker #3):

View attachment 500774

This is a small portion of total owners I suspect, so take it with a grain of salt.

Typically, people who are on forums and such are such a number relative to the whole, that it doesnt show the picture (im agreeing with you).

On the BMW forums I was on, if you were reading the forums (for example) you would think that 50% of the 4 series that people were buying were "Estoril blue M sport models" with adaptive suspensions. Like every other forum member buying one was talking about buying that configuration. In reality, on the road, that configuration was pretty rare.

Typically, people who are on forums and such are such a number relative to the whole, that it doesnt show the picture (im agreeing with you).

On the BMW forums I was on, if you were reading the forums (for example) you would think that 50% of the 4 series that people were buying were "Estoril blue M sport models" with adaptive suspensions. Like every other forum member buying one was talking about buying that configuration. In reality, on the road, that configuration was pretty rare.

Yeah, and based on that chart then factor in that the MR and LR no longer exist. So, an MR buyer is probably ok with an SR+, the LRs are probably split between SR+ and LR AWD.

In my own observations here in south florida, its very rare that I see a dual motor badge, and much much more rare that I see a performance or stealth performance model.

You kind of have to look at the wheels and brakes to see a performance model though, and even then you cant fully tell. Tesla didnt have performance badges (or dual motor badges) until sometime in 2019. My car is debadged and came that way, and pretty much every model 3 sold in 2018 was the same. I have my badge in my toolbox because I never put it on.