Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to purchase OEM M3 front plate holder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my conversations with the Tesla delivery advisor (in Las Vegas, I believe) prior to receiving my car (July 2018), I asked that the license plate frame not be installed on the car. She said that since I was in CA, it would be installed as part of the delivery process. When I picked up my car in Fremont, I believe I found the license plate frame in the trunk; it was never installed from the factory. I've since purchased an aftermarket bolt-on frame.

ref: Front License Plate
On all 3 of my Tesla's I told them not to put it on and they kept it off for me. Maybe it's just based on who you ask. I would be annoyed if they put it on.

In my conversations with the Tesla delivery advisor (in Las Vegas, I believe) prior to receiving my car (July 2018), I asked that the license plate frame not be installed on the car. She said that since I was in CA, it would be installed as part of the delivery process. When I picked up my car in Fremont, I believe I found the license plate frame in the trunk; it was never installed from the factory.

I did not ask them to do anything specific with the front license plate holder (either install or not install). The car came with:
  • The rear temporary plate installed.
  • The front plate holder in the lower trunk.
  • Another temporary plate on the passenger seat.
So maybe leaving the front plate holder in the lower trunk is now the default, even in California.

I will all also offer my OEM front plate holder for free (just pay shipping). Mine came with my 2018 and I never installed it because in my state you can pay a little extra per year not to have a front plate. I'm sure the front bumper shape has not changed at all.

I will all also offer my OEM front plate holder for free (just pay shipping). Mine came with my 2018 and I never installed it because in my state you can pay a little extra per year not to have a front plate. I'm sure the front bumper shape has not changed at all.
Do you still have an extra front license plate holder?

that's funny. my wife sold our 2 on ebay for over $50 each. 🤣
I think there is an oppertunity for someone to list parts on ebay, then just go into a SC and buy it if one sells and keep the profit.. Engineerng Explained's youtube channel (very good BTW) had a video where he ran over some road debris is his M3P, and bought a fender liner part on ebay and was very proud of himself. Then he found out it was about 70% less than he paid direct from Tesla...

If you pay for shipping, I can send you mine for free. I have 2. lol

Anyone still have a front place holder I could buy?