Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where Would You Suggest Tesla To Build Their Supercharging Stations In Hong Kong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to see NT and Kowloon adequately serviced with superchargers. The Science Park in Sha Tin is an obvious location for multiple superchargers. Other suggested locations would be in New Town Plaza, Festival Walk in Kowloon Tong, Mega Box and Ocean Centre.

Related to charging stations is a representative from my owner's committee indicated that there are 2 other residents and possibly 3 (for 4 people in total including myself) requesting to install charging stations in our parking garage for the long awaited MS. I'm surprised and pleased that there are 3 other potential MS owners in the same apartment complex in the Tai Po area. I then asked the management at my old apartment complex down the road and they indicated two residents there are requesting charging stations for their personal car park spaces. So a relatively high density of Models Ss in a small area.

Just learned from a (hopefully) credible source, that the first two Supercharger stations will be installed at:
- Science Park, Shatin
- Hopewell Centre, Wanchai

Yep. Makes sense given current situation. Here is the arrangement at Hopewell for roadsters:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394101877.729430.jpg

Yep. Makes sense given current situation. Here is the arrangement at Hopewell for roadsters:

View attachment 44661

Which means simply replacing the current chargers with superchargers at Hopewell? Hope it is free entrance to the car park. It can be done if Model S owners are given an entry pass.

Then the last 2 would be airport and Tsuen Wan also?

- - - Updated - - -

I know there is this place for rental cycling in West Kowloon. Lots of available land there for possible supercharger locations.

Last edited:
125kW is so quick, it will be finished before you check all your messages and emails on your smart phone. Also, the last 20% of fast charge is slow so you may want to unplug it when it (charging) is tapper down. The last 20% would be faster to use L2 (80Amp) for top up.

I hope they are not putting one in Science Park, there is nothing to do there:mad:

Hahaha I'm on the contrary. I've always thought Science Park is a very logical and ideal place for Tesla to have a presence there. My guess is that Tesla may get really favourable terms from the government for putting up Superchargers at Science Park. I personally think the Science Park is a nice place and at a nice location. It's just the 'human factor' i.e. the officials who are in charge of running it, which makes it "crap". Tesla being there will definitely help boost the Park's image for a start.

I suddenly have an idea! I think that offering Tesla owners 1 to 1.5 hours free parking per entry per day at paid carparks such as Hopewell for supercharging is actually feasible. Depending on the available superchargers of course but by doing so, supercharging remains completely free and the carpark can still charge parking if any EV occupies any space longer than they need for charging. So if there are two superchargers but both are occupied, then the third car have to wait but the third car has some non - paying time for waiting. The mobile app can also update Tesla EV owners of the waiting time for the next available supercharger and make reservations like the Sen - ryo sushi app.

It is not critical about the exact locations of the superchargers, as long as they are spread out a bit, and of course, major junctions and shopping malls.

Its essential that there are enough superchargers, and at each location, enoug spots. As has been discussed here before, Hong Kong is not about vast travel distance, but about so many people not having their own house where they can install a charger.

More than 1000 charging spots in HK already, but as most are 13 amp, it's useless for away from home charging.

In addition to superchargers, there could possibly be a number of HPWC installations, which would make sense for a three hour shopping /dining trip.

Another er issue is that of having to come back to move your car into, or out of charging spots, while an EV finishes charging. If you come home at 9 pm, but a car is charging already, then maybe 2 am, both you, and the other owner both have to go and swap spots? This is highly inconvenient.

We we need either a huge amount of 13A charging points in long term parking areas, or a significant amount of HPWC or equivalent. Or a mix.

if you can get a 13A charger where you long term park, that's fine, but not if you have to drive somewhere to charge.

I will press on to get one where I live, otherwise I'll be quite challenged until the superchargers arrive.

It is not critical about the exact locations of the superchargers, as long as they are spread out a bit, and of course, major junctions and shopping malls.

Its essential that there are enough superchargers, and at each location, enoug spots. As has been discussed here before, Hong Kong is not about vast travel distance, but about so many people not having their own house where they can install a charger.

More than 1000 charging spots in HK already, but as most are 13 amp, it's useless for away from home charging.

In addition to superchargers, there could possibly be a number of HPWC installations, which would make sense for a three hour shopping /dining trip.

Another er issue is that of having to come back to move your car into, or out of charging spots, while an EV finishes charging. If you come home at 9 pm, but a car is charging already, then maybe 2 am, both you, and the other owner both have to go and swap spots? This is highly inconvenient.

We we need either a huge amount of 13A charging points in long term parking areas, or a significant amount of HPWC or equivalent. Or a mix.

if you can get a 13A charger where you long term park, that's fine, but not if you have to drive somewhere to charge.

I will press on to get one where I live, otherwise I'll be quite challenged until the superchargers arrive.

Well, DITB, I will have to drive somewhere to charge. Don't even have 13A socket. Big city like Hong Kong, doesn't even have the most basic power source. Government should push for at least some 13A in every single car park.

Well, DITB, I will have to drive somewhere to charge. Don't even have 13A socket. Big city like Hong Kong, doesn't even have the most basic power source. Government should push for at least some 13A in every single car park.

That, and also a good amount of 32A or more, so you don't have to park for 35 hours for a full charge.

And we need some solid fines and fast towing of ICE offenders. Clear signs to let people know non-EVs will be towed and fined.

That, and also a good amount of 32A or more, so you don't have to park for 35 hours for a full charge.

And we need some solid fines and fast towing of ICE offenders. Clear signs to let people know non-EVs will be towed and fined.

EV owners should leave a number on a piece of paper inside the car while charging such that they can be contacted once the car is fully charged.

EV owners should leave a number on a piece of paper inside the car while charging such that they can be contacted once the car is fully charged.

I am thinking some kind of valet service, while spots are still limited. Some parking areas have people looking after the cars anyway, but this means you will have to entrust them the key to your car. Tesla could make a "valet mode" where the car is limited to 32 km/h and very slow acceleration, unless you have the password to unlock it. The car park manager could then shift the cars as necessary. He could also have some means of preventing ICEs to take up the spot, like parking spot locked gates, clamps or those devices to lift up the wheels and move the car.

Maybe this is not practical in a 1.8m garage ...

How Russia handles illegally parked cars

... but then this way might be more feasible

Shenyang Employs Creative Method for Towing Illegally Parked Cars | eChinacities.com

Car Shifter ICEd EV.jpg

The latter one would mean cars could be moved without damaging them, provided the car isn't bumped into other cars or other obstacles.

ALIPAPA, this must be something you can look into:

Vestil VPJ-12 Hydraulic Vehicle Positioning Jack, Steel, 12 Tire Width, 1500 lbs Capacity, View Hydraulic Car Jack Vehicel Postioning Jack, Product Details from Shenzhen Shumatt Auto Technology Ltd. on Alibaba.com

It says they can deliver 1,000,000 sets pr month, port is Hong Kong. Keep that in the trunk of your Tesla, and move any ICE car out!

Car Shifting device.jpg

Yeah, yeah, it's probably illegal ...

Last edited: