Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where's the degradation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2012 P85 #2446 here.

It's been exactly one year since I got my new (not reman) out of pocket pack from Tesla. 90 kWh corked to 85 kwh. Since day one 244 rated miles at 90% SoC. Same 244 today.

My question - No degradation because corked to 85 and any degradation is in the 5 kWh I don't see? Or no degradation because, well, no degradation?

20221206_162800.jpg

Last edited:
2012 P85 here.

It's been exactly one year since I got my new (not reman) pack from Tesla. 90 kWh corked to 85 kwh. Since day one 244 rated miles at 90% SoC. Same 244 today.

My question - No degradation because corked to 85 and any degradation is in the 5 kWh I don't see? Or no degradation because, well, no degradation?

View attachment 986906
How did your SC rates of charge compare after changing to the new battery?

How did your SC rates of charge compare after changing to the new battery?
I got my BMS-u029 alert requiring pack replacement 3 days after purchase of the car, so I have nothing to compare it with. That said currently 120ish kW max and 50 kW min.

Folks I've talked to who have a valid comparison state their new pack is 2x SC rate of charge from before.

Last edited:
2012 P85 #2446 here.

It's been exactly one year since I got my new (not reman) out of pocket pack from Tesla. 90 kWh corked to 85 kwh. Since day one 244 rated miles at 90% SoC. Same 244 today.

View attachment 986906
Almost certainly no degradation, not the use of the hidden 5kWh. Your case makes a good argument for getting a new battery instead of a reman.

• Informative
Reactions: NV Ray