Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WheresMyTesla.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks George -- regarding original content, that's where the Shipping Forecast is a great feature (as we approach the next season...)

However, equally I believe sometimes it's a matter of bringing just the simple useful facts to the forefront. About distilling down all the complexity and options into just the actions that a normal person could take to prepare.

And I hope the list is a good execution of that, which you'd think about sharing with a "normal" friend ordering a Tesla... Love to know if you think there's a simpler "checklist", or a simpler interface for the shipping updates out there.

You you get your SEO sorted and you end up at the top then so what if there are others doing the same?

Thanks George -- regarding original content, that's where the Shipping Forecast is a great feature (as we approach the next season...)

However, equally I believe sometimes it's a matter of bringing just the simple useful facts to the forefront. About distilling down all the complexity and options into just the actions that a normal person could take to prepare.

And I hope the list is a good execution of that, which you'd think about sharing with a "normal" friend ordering a Tesla... Love to know if you think there's a simpler "checklist", or a simpler interface for the shipping updates out there.

To be frank, I turned off when the first suggestion on the checklist was switch electricity provider. Whats that got to do with where your Tesla is?

I've now gone back... the second suggestion is sorting out home charging, the 3rd is teslafi... still nothing to do with wheresmytesla

On the shipping forecast, pretty much the first thing you see is "(Returning soon.,..)" what does that mean?

It comes across as a website to pump as many referral codes as you can get out there and not really help anyone based on what I've seen.

To be frank, I turned off when the first suggestion on the checklist was switch electricity provider. Whats that got to do with where your Tesla is?

I've now gone back... the second suggestion is sorting out home charging, the 3rd is teslafi... still nothing to do with wheresmytesla

On the shipping forecast, pretty much the first thing you see is "(Returning soon.,..)" what does that mean?

It comes across as a website to pump as many referral codes as you can get out there and not really help anyone based on what I've seen.

If you think there's a better simple guide to the ten things normal people should do while preparing for your Tesla, I'd genuinely like to see it and learn from it.

Saving 2/3 on your fuel with Octopus would be my first recommendation (especially because it takes time.) Getting your charger sorted should be high up there (again, it takes time.) Using TeslaFi to track your savings and journeys is up there (and is probably little known among "normals".)

re. Shipping forecast, Tesla tends to concentrate deliveries to the end of each quarter, so we're in hiatus until the next big push. Mr.Miserable's updates in this forum were one of my favourite parts of waiting for my Tesla, I'd like to help him bring that to more people.

You don't have to like the site, especially as it's not designed for you, but I'd seriously love to know if you think there's a better resource you'd share with a non-techy, non-forums person getting started, so we can learn from it.

If you think there's a better simple guide to the ten things normal people should do while preparing for your Tesla, I'd genuinely like to see it and learn from it.

Saving 2/3 on your fuel with Octopus would be my first recommendation (especially because it takes time.) Getting your charger sorted should be high up there (again, it takes time.) Using TeslaFi to track your savings and journeys is up there (and is probably little known among "normals".)

re. Shipping forecast, Tesla tends to concentrate deliveries to the end of each quarter, so we're in hiatus until the next big push. Mr.Miserable's updates in this forum were one of my favourite parts of waiting for my Tesla, I'd like to help him bring that to more people.

You don't have to like the site, especially as it's not designed for you, but I'd seriously love to know if you think there's a better resource you'd share with a non-techy, non-forums person getting started, so we can learn from it.

Check out Tesla-info

A guide on which model to buy
A guide if you want to buy used and not new
A guide if you buy from tesla and what they may do tot he car
A history of all the key changes since the MS was introduced 8 yeats ago
A guide on what to do while you wait, what coms you get from Tesla, a deliverry checklist
A guide on charging
A guide on what to do when you first take delivery
A guide on essential accessories

Plus

Full inventory listings
The ability to see Tesla hidden inventory
The ability to see Tesla inventory with discounts

Hi George — both good websites, very comprehensive, lots of detail. I’ve found them useful, just like I find these forums useful.

But do you see we are trying to achieve a different purpose? A one pager for busy normal people? That’s what’s missing.

I believe there’s space for both and they serve different audiences. And I think someone like my Mum, or lots of my less techy friends would find the one pager really valuable.

Sometimes less is more, that’s the bet we’re placing!

My feedback: I think the intent is sincere/seems reasonable. The URL doesn't make any sense/doesn't relate to the content.

Thanks Bhav — hopefully it will make more sense when the “Shipping Forecast” side is back in action. We have a very special guest involved hosting it, and I think it is a natural “way in” for people, and while they’re waiting we have the simple checklist to help them.

Also writing my review after a week of ownership now too, starting with a comparison to a mantis shrimp... On the blog soon I hope.