Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which app should I purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to purchase an app for the MS. I have an Apple Watch and would love integration with that as well. I see there are a few on the App Store, but they all look relatively the same. Can you guys suggest your favorite?

1. Remote S
2. Keymote
3. Tesla Plus
4. Tesla Toolbox

The only one of those that I have used is Remote-S, but I’ve been pretty happy with it. If you have an LTE Apple Watch it can connect to and control the car from your watch even without your phone. I don’t know if any of the other Apple Watch enabled apps can do that or not.

Dashboard for Tesla is an Android-only app. The developer says Tesla and Apple have disallowed any Tesla apps to be distributed, so It is not worth porting to Appledom. I have no idea if that is accurate or what that portends for current apps on Apple.

There was a time a few months ago where Remote-S and maybe a few other apps got pulled apparently because Apple didn’t like the fact that they relied on an unofficial api. But shortly after that Apple changed their mind and they were allowed back in.

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX
The Remote S developer is very proactive when people request features or ask questions. He's got a great demeanor and explains everything in excellent detail. He's no longer responding to questions or request on TMC though. You will find his threads on TM's Forum.

Reactions: incrediwoah
I use Remote S almost exclusively. I haven't used the Tesla App for some time because Remote S offers more all from a single screen or from the Apple watch (which the Tesla App doesn't support at all).

The Remote S developer is very proactive when people request features or ask questions. He's got a great demeanor and explains everything in excellent detail. He's no longer responding to questions or request on TMC though. You will find his threads on TM's Forum.
+1 on this, I was going to say the same about the excellent support from this developer. I don't have any of the last 3 apps listed by the OP but I've been using Remote S (and with my v1 Apple Watch) for about a year and a half and like it better than the standard app. However I do keep the standard Tesla app on my phone just to give me charging and software update notifications, otherwise I rarely open it and use Remote S instead for the other functions

Reactions: pilotSteve
+1 on this, I was going to say the same about the excellent support from this developer. I don't have any of the last 3 apps listed by the OP but I've been using Remote S (and with my v1 Apple Watch) for about a year and a half and like it better than the standard app. However I do keep the standard Tesla app on my phone just to give me charging and software update notifications, otherwise I rarely open it and use Remote S instead for the other functions

You need the standard Tesla app for calendar sync to work too, in case that's important for you.

Bruce.

I'll be purchasing today. Thanks for the insight! With your V1 watch have you been able to leave your phone in the car and unlock just with the watch once it connects to the phone?

I'll be purchasing today. Thanks for the insight! With your V1 watch have you been able to leave your phone in the car and unlock just with the watch once it connects to the phone?
Yes that works, as long as you have a good internet connection to both the car & phone. I don't normally use it in that way, but I have tested it and the watch unlocked the car (phone locked inside the MS trunk/footwell and fob left in the house out of range).