Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which CPO Should I Buy? Between these two...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife REALLY wanted pano. Otherwise for 10k more could have moved up to the P85D vs 85D. LOL

It does open the car up a lot inside though. I am also worried about long term out of warranty of that roof. But, only time will tell. Pano cars do seem to bring more cash but, Miles plays the biggest part. Less miles drives up the price a lot

Both of these cars seem expensive. If you pay that money don't you at least want a facelift car?

I wouldn't hesitate to have a car shipped. You are in the middle of the country so nothing will be too far away.

I can't see settling for whatever is local when you are spending that kind of money.

Are you determined to have the fancy features on these CPO cars? I paid "only" $85K in late 2015 for a 70D with pano roof etc., all my choices of color and so on. If you ordered new, you could get something just as you want it and take advantage of the rebates/tax credit.

This is why it is hard for us to comment on the choice -- we do not know what your value equation is -- what features are essential and so on. Me, I did not care about performance and preferred to get exactly the color and so on in a new car...never could find a CPO that was just what I wanted.

Reactions: davidc18
Older is better for resell as these already took the hit. Also, its a P85D so the power level is much higher and he is obviously a performance guy. The nose swap does not appear to be a big deal anymore and if he were getting newer P car (90/100) he would be into for a LOT more cash. The 14s Ps, I was looking at were in the 80s too w/ AP1

If I configure a new 90D the way I want it, it's ~$115,250. After tax credits, around $107k and delivery is late March. I really don't want to wait that long.

OK.. Call your local Tesla store. They seem to have access to cars that do not show up on the site. Thats how I found mine and really got a killer price on the Q3 blowout.

Personally, I think those prices are not justifiable after tax credits, referral credit ... topped off by a new car with a full warranty.

My opinion:
Pano is not worth $10k. Solid roof is quieter and warmer in cold weather.
I see zero bearing between the mileage of those two cars - CPO warranty is the same for both. You will not feel the difference driving them.
I'd really miss the footwell space with rear-facing seats. Don't get them, wasted space and extra weight.
Note you will not get the federal credit either, with a CPO.

Pano is a personal call. If you can at least sit in one with and one without beforehand, do it. Don't forget to adjust the seat height when you do.