Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which number to call (to remove FSD from order)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning to remove FSD from my model 3 order as I can't justify spending £5900 more (I originally had it for £4900 in the early-bird deal). However, I can't do it online and cannot find a phone number anywhere. Apologies if I've missed it in a sticky post or something. Could someone tell me what number to call?

(Also, does anyone know if removing a soft option like that will result in a delay?)

I was in the same boat with FSD and ultimately decided to remove it too. Email [email protected]. You'll receive a generic response and they'll update your order within 48 hours.

"If you are seeking to update your Model 3 specification, please be aware we will process this without a reply, you should then see an updated order agreement within 48 hours of your request."

Reactions: Rooster6655
I made the change to remove fsd with that email address about 2 weeks ago (as well as changing colour to white)...got an email saying order should be updated in 48 hours last Monday. It's now 8 days since that email and my order agreement and login portal is still showing my old specs so don't hold your breath for a change in '48 hours '.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Is it worth waiting until mid August update (v10?) to see what comes along? Musk is promising big things and a FSD price rise. So if timing allows you to wait a bit, it keeps more options open and should lock you in to earlier pricing if you subsequently decide it is something you may want.

Is it worth waiting until mid August update (v10?) to see what comes along?

Mid-August is unlikely to be the roll-out date, that is just the first push to the early beta testers. End of August is the most hopeful date I've seen for the general public and based on previous releases that will most likely slip into September if not October...

I'm going to wait until I see/hear what people start saying about Augusts release (rumoured to be v10 containing HW3 code and networks for the first time) before making my decision. That way I should still avoid the anticipated pre August price increase.

I know that August will not be FSD, and FSD is a long way off, but I don't actually want FSD, I just want a rock solid version of what AP and NOA can do now, but extended to include urban driving and all scenarios that it may bring up - stop lights, turns at junctions, lane changing, obeying speed limits, adjusting speeds for different road conditions etc etc. Happy to remain in control with hands on wheel. And I think that is doable in the lifetime that I intend to keep the vehicle.

I did it this morning. Rang 01628450606 and they sorted it pretty quickly. Said this won't affect my delivery (not that I have a VIN or a slot) and a lot of people are doing it to take advantage of the price drop.

It's as though they don't want us to buy FSD over here the way it's been unincentivised. I added it due to the anticipated price rise in May but with UK (and EU) rules as they are it is going to take some time to see the benefits. With a saving of £5,800 on the car, even though I plan to keep it for a long time, it just feels like a no brainer - especially when Autopilot is so good and in included.

I suspect they don't want the hassle of the complaints when, in 3 years, they've been able to roll out only very few features on the FSD package.

I can see some sort of limited time "sale" when the the legislation catches up and the features do become available over here in a couple of years time.

Reactions: navt