Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Steering Mode?

Which Steering Mode do you typically use in daily driving and why?

• Comfort

• Standard

• Sport

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not as far as I’ve ever been aware. Not sure why some people think it’s better handling in sport... I assume they mean the wheel handling, not car handling.

Less assistance means that more of any feedback through the steering gets to your hands. However, more effort can mean loss of sensitivity as you are overcoming the necessary force to turn the wheel. So it's a trade-off.

However, electric assistance is different from hydrolic assistance in the way it communicates/damps feedback. And the suspension/steering geometry has a big effect.

Also, different drivers have different strengths in arms/hands and preferences.

Getting more feedback as to what the front wheels are doing and the surface they are on, generally improves the car handling (or rather enables the driver to handle the car better) in a sporting setting. But can be more tiring/irritating for standard and relaxed (comfort) driving.

IMHO. I don't really get much additional feedback in any setting, but the extra damping in 'Sport' against over-driving the car feels better to me when pushing on a bit.

Standard here as well....but I just started experimenting with them today.....I can’t tell yet whether it’s differences in ‘heaviness’ or ‘handling’ or both.....design wise what are the 3 levels supposed to achieve?

Ski