Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White AWD rejected delivery - Fremont 8/30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know similar storys has been posted here multiple times but would like to share my experience nonetheless.

Rejected delivery for a white AWD yesterday morning. This was at the Fremont delivery center. When the DA took me to see the car, I immediately noticed a 0.5 inch paint chip on the front bumper with a bad touch up job. Also, car was dirty inside out with dust all over any gaps(tent build?), most of the model 3s in the lot were relatively much cleaner with no significant dusts like mine. Center console was scratched and some obvious tape residues that won’t come off. Roof glass panel has the worst alignment compare to all other 3s in the lot and with a chip on the front edge. Passenger front seat popping out of the plastic edge and were told the seat need to be replaced completely. Along with all other defects I found already discourage me for a car waiting for that long.

Original signed the papers thinking the pressure of my current car lease coming up. Went for lunch while the car was taken for some quick paint detailing. I had a clearer thought that I won’t be happy with this car and the headache to deal with all these later, so called the DA to reject delivery. Felt much relieved later the day that I had refused the car. 70k car should not be like this.

To whom it may concern. VIN 677xx, Aug build. There is another identical white AWD in the lot with MUCH better condition, hope that was mine.

My CU has a check on the way to Tesla, can I or should I call them to void the check? Now back to the process to wait for another car.

Well that is disheartening but you made the right decision and right at the factory where it can be quickly escalated internally. Someone in QA didn't do their job. Fortunately this is becoming more the exception than the norm. Your next version will be flawless as I'm sure they note you rejected a prior delivery.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Well that is disheartening but you made the right decision and right at the factory where it can be quickly escalated internally. Someone in QA didn't do their job. Fortunately this is becoming more the exception than the norm. Your next version will be flawless as I'm sure they note you rejected a prior delivery.

Thanks! I agree the pre-delivery QA has much to be improved. Asked for loaner and was denied as well.

That’s awful.

But the dust was not from the tent. That please is as clean as any factory.

The dust evidently came from cars sitting out in a big parking field that then experienced a dust storm.

Doesn't have to be a dust storm. It's really dry here in the bay area (long time since rainy season) and there's lots of construction going on around the bay and even in our neighborhood. Plus other areas with agriculture can be seen havesting crops and tilling the soil. All ends up in the air here around this time of year with no rain to clean the air. Our cars in our driveway are constantly getting cover in dust. With the morning temps low we've had some condensation on the windows so figure it's on the body as well and that dust just sticks to it. Assume with Fremont being so close to the bay that's likely an issue there too.

Sorry OP for your bad lucky. Could have been us, we were suppose to have an appointment on Saturday for delivery. We're also in bay area and waiting for our AWD Model 3 white config. Posted elsewhere so won't elaborate but have been contacted twice weeks apart in August that we could have delivery asap and then only to be disappointed when they could never actually schedule it and make it happen, this was after moving money around to cover. Our recent apology email said as soon as it is reliably available again they'll contact us. sigh... I know how you must feel about when will the next car come up. What config did you go with? Hopefully we'll both have perfect cars delivered soon.

Last edited:
Doesn't have to be a dust storm. It's really dry here in the bay area (long time since rainy season) and there's lots of construction going on around the bay and even in our neighborhood. Plus other areas with agriculture can be seen havesting crops and tilling the soil. All ends up in the air here around this time of year with no rain to clean the air. Our cars in our driveway are constantly getting cover in dust. With the morning temps low we've had some condensation on the windows so figure it's on the body as well and that dust just sticks to it. Assume with Fremont being so close to the bay that's likely an issue there too.

Sorry OP for your bad lucky. Could have been us, we were suppose to have an appointment on Saturday for delivery. We're also in bay area and waiting for our AWD Model 3 white config. Posted elsewhere so won't elaborate but have been contacted twice weeks apart in August that we could have delivery asap and then only to be disappointed when they could never actually schedule it and make it happen, this was after moving money around to cover. Our recent apology email said as soon as it is reliably available again they'll contact us. sigh... I know how you must feel about when will the next car come up. What config did you go with? Hopefully we'll both have perfect cars delivered soon.

My car has fairly moderate grit/ash/dirt (forest fires in CA and WA just prior to my delivery) in its exterior seals and a pretty intense dust smell inside as well. Any recommendations on fixing this? It’s pretty bad. Took delivery in Washington state last weekend.

My car has fairly moderate grit/ash/dirt (forest fires in CA and WA just prior to my delivery) in its exterior seals and a pretty intense dust smell inside as well. Any recommendations on fixing this? It’s pretty bad. Took delivery in Washington state last weekend.

I wonder if a good detailer in your area would be able to remedy that. Wonder if Tesla would pay for it.

Reactions: neroden

I was contacted early Aug to take delivery ASAP, and it fell through like your situation. Then got contacted again last week and got a firm delivery date. My config is White AWD/black interior/19inch wheels/EAP/FSD. Good luck to us!