Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White House weighs big cuts to mpg rules

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EVs are the future - no matter what the regulators do.

This is very fortunate because I have the feeling, they don't really know what they are doing. Mrs. Merkel wanted 1 000 000 EVs in Germany but did nothing toward that goal, save a crazy 'Ladesäulenverordnung' (mandatory type plugs) and a small incentive program whick excludes Tesla and is not taken up by the public.

In the end, the consumer decides, not the regulator. If the EVs are compelling (Teslas are) they will sell nicely.

Reactions: harry and replicant
I think Tesla is past needing every incentive to sell itself. The don’t even advertise! I didn’t buy my MS because Fords 5.0 engine takes too much gas. Neither did I buy it because climate is supposedly changing (might ruffle some feathers here but my town’s beachfront homes should’ve been underwater by now according to Gore). I bought it because it’s looks great, saves me $$, and I don’t look like a dork driving it (think Prius, bolt, volt, etc)

• Disagree
Reactions: bxr140
I think Tesla is past needing every incentive to sell itself. The don’t even advertise! I didn’t buy my MS because Fords 5.0 engine takes too much gas. Neither did I buy it because climate is supposedly changing (might ruffle some feathers here but my town’s beachfront homes should’ve been underwater by now according to Gore). I bought it because it’s looks great, saves me $$, and I don’t look like a dork driving it (think Prius, bolt, volt, etc)
Ironic how Gore is often the poster child of why we shouldn’t worry about how much pollution we create from burning fossil fuels.