Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White seats with Premium Upgrade Package: What do you actually get?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strongly considering the white seats for my upcoming MS purchase. The PUP states "leather arm rests, steering wheel and lower dashboard when paired with leather seating," however, the white seats aren't actually leather.

What do you actually get when you pair white seats with PUP in terms of interior materials?

White seats are awesome. The lower dash trim, door panels, and arm rests are all covered in the same white synthetic material regardless of PUP selection. The benefit with the PUP and white seats used to be perforation for cooled seats; however, Tesla discontinued those.

Almost two weeks now with the ultra white seats in our new red S 100D - and the seats look great.

The local Tesla staff claim the white seats have held up better than the leather seats in their test drive/showroom cars, though we've also got some large towels we plan to use as temporary seat covers if we're wet or just finished exercising when returning to the car.

1,600+ miles on our Ultra White seats--no signs of any wear, color transfer, and any dirt wipes right up leaving nothing behind.

Let's cut to the chase: given the ethical and environmental damage caused by the non-vegan interior choices, it's not a choice to get the vegan interior, it's a moral obligation:

http://gizmodo.com/how-leather-is-slowly-killing-the-people-and-places-tha-1572678618

TEDxMünchen - Beyond Carnism and toward Rational, Authentic Food Choices | Melanie Joy at TEDxMünchen "At Second Glance"

Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret

1,600+ miles on our Ultra White seats--no signs of any wear, color transfer, and any dirt wipes right up leaving nothing behind.

Let's cut to the chase: given the ethical and environmental damage caused by the non-vegan interior choices, it's not a choice to get the vegan interior, it's a moral obligation:

http://gizmodo.com/how-leather-is-slowly-killing-the-people-and-places-tha-1572678618

TEDxMünchen - Beyond Carnism and toward Rational, Authentic Food Choices | Melanie Joy at TEDxMünchen "At Second Glance"

Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret
My next car will have the ultra white b/c I really like it and my wife is vegan and I'm pretty much vegan by proxy. Sorry to go off topic, but if millions were to forgo leather in premium autos, would that affect the killing of cattle? Leather prices would drop surely, but I don't think anything would happen with cattle slaughter, would it?

If the artificial leather in the ultra white seats actually holds up much better than leather, wouldn't be surprising to see Tesla introduce additional colors and phase out the leather seats completely.

If the ultra white seats can stay clean - then they should be able to do any color...

And if the artificial seats cost less than leather seats, that will help Tesla on pricing...

Thanks for the feedback, all. However, I was mostly curious about how the price of PUP does not change whether you select leather, ultra white or multi-pattern. Does that simply mean you aren't getting anything extra in terms of the "arm rests, steering wheel and lower dashboard" when ordering ultra white seats without PUP?

For the record, my in-progress (but currently changeable) order includes ultra white and PUP.

Thanks for the feedback, all. However, I was mostly curious about how the price of PUP does not change whether you select leather, ultra white or multi-pattern. Does that simply mean you aren't getting anything extra in terms of the "arm rests, steering wheel and lower dashboard" when ordering ultra white seats without PUP?

For the record, my in-progress (but currently changeable) order includes ultra white and PUP.

I ordered white with PUP but I got in before they discontinued the vented seats.

The PUP isn't really worth it otherwise, you can get Bioweapon Defense Mode retrofitted

If the artificial leather in the ultra white seats actually holds up much better than leather, wouldn't be surprising to see Tesla introduce additional colors and phase out the leather seats completely.

If the ultra white seats can stay clean - then they should be able to do any color...

And if the artificial seats cost less than leather seats, that will help Tesla on pricing...

22k and counting....love 'em. Comfortable, holds form, easy to clean and still look brand new.

I only have a couple weeks on my ultra-white seats, but I love them. They are very comfortable and look amazing. I got some chocolate on the driver's seat, but it wiped right off. I am sure they will need more cleaning down the road, so I've been checking into the best product for that.

I had hoped to get the ventilated seats, but I missed those by a few days. So far, I do not at all regret that.

I ordered white with PUP but I got in before they discontinued the vented seats.

The PUP isn't really worth it otherwise, you can get Bioweapon Defense Mode retrofitted
Bioweapon Defense appears to be on hold... I've not seen anyone state it's available for them. Disappeared, what, a month ago? No one knows if it's part of the 'simplification' or if just too many people ordered it and scarce parts ran out.

• Informative
Reactions: spentan