Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Tesla looks awful under the new UI. Or is it just me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys, I have a white Tesla Model X 2016 P90D and I was wondering if I'm the only one who really hates the new UI. It's made my car look silver!!!
The car has the pearl white multi coat on it and it looked fine when the app was in its original UI but this new UI has ruined it! Is it possible to change it because the app looks like it thinks my car is silver when it has always been white. Here's a picture
Thanks

I think this is Tesla's latest attempt at different for the sake of looking cool and not dated. This time I think they want the cars to look more cartoon/videogame like to match their latest Plaid in-car UI. White cars looked much better in the old app UI (see below for 2 examples), but I'm sure some people here will just tell you, "you'll get used to it", just like the new, less functional in-car UI's over time (buttons got smaller, monochrome, moved away from driver's line of sight, and got buried under more levels of sub-menus) that they've come up with in the past, or even the yoke.

1630707266866.png

1630707277926.png

Reactions: Lobstahz
I have a white Model S and it also looks like a weird shade of silver in the new app. I downgraded to the old app version.
New app is also missing charge voltage and vent window controls. Removed password protection to start car from phone is even more unacceptable.

I have a white Model S and it also looks like a weird shade of silver in the new app. I downgraded to the old app version.
New app is also missing charge voltage and vent window controls. Removed password protection to start car from phone is even more unacceptable.
Weird. I have the vent controls. I did not have the “upgrades” tab until I upgraded to the newest version on this app. See attached photo.

Attachments

• 0A7F670C-985F-46B0-92DC-83980016C869.png
    0A7F670C-985F-46B0-92DC-83980016C869.png
    581.6 KB · Views: 87
Yeah, my car, which is dark blue, is a bright blue on the screen, something I would never have bought. I wish they'd get their colors right.

Oh nooooooo! I guess you have to sell your car now that your cartoon avatar is not the right color! What a catastrophe! Tesla should be ashamed! Do you think they'll issue a recall!? How dare they!!! Your world is crumbling beneath you.

You downgraded to your old less-functional app because your cartoon avatar isn't the right color? You should probably re-evaluate all aspects of your life, because it's going very wrong for you.

More missing rendering - my solid roof car now shows a glass roof. :( It used to be a good visual confirmation I was controlling my car rather than my wife's. Also, the 2018 Model S has a "close windows" button, but when I press it, the app says "It is not possible to close your windows remotely". Why bother showing the button on the phone if it doesn't work from the phone? Or does it work but you have to be in the car (nor remotely)??? Perhaps it was cheaper to code this way, every penny counts.

EDIT: The model designation also lost the Ludicrous underline in the app.

Last edited:
More missing rendering - my solid roof car now shows a glass roof. :( It used to be a good visual confirmation I was controlling my car rather than my wife's. Also, the 2018 Model S has a "close windows" button, but when I press it, the app says "It is not possible to close your windows remotely". Why bother showing the button on the phone if it doesn't work from the phone? Or does it work but you have to be in the car (nor remotely)??? Perhaps it was cheaper to code this way, every penny counts.

EDIT: The model designation also lost the Ludicrous underline in the app.

OMG! HOW WILL YOU LIVE!?