Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WhiteStar styling ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So can all of you interenet searcher types find a Astin Martin Hatch back or coupe that it might look like ?

2006 Aston Martin Rapide Concept - Top - Open Doors - 1920x1440 Wallpaper

and some photos at a car show

Aston Martin s .com Picture Gallery - Rapide Concept
2006-Aston-Martin-Rapide-Concept-RA-OH-1280x960.htm

Last edited:
So can all of you interenet searcher types find a Astin Martin Hatch back or coupe that it might look like ?

Thanks for the links flabby. Wow, so the Rapide is actually a hatchback, it looks just like a coupe/sedan (I thought it had a standard trunk, never saw the back open before).
DSC_3198.jpg

Kevin, I don't think you have anything to worry about. If Aston can make a 4 door luxury hatchback that looks that good (the Rapide), then I have no worries about Model S.

Amazing find TEG. This actually does what I need. I currently drive an SUV for the times I have to haul gear to work and back. That's only about 15% of the time so the rest of my driving is extremely wasteful. I at least bought the most stylish (to me) SUV on the market but this AM concept kicks it's a**! The AM (if made) would probably be 2 to 3 times the price and probably even worse mileage but an EV of this one would sway me.

Thanks Flabby That shot of the AM Rapide back open gives hope. To me this is the perfect configuration for the Model S. Covers all the bases and still looks great. And looking at the comments here it seems to be the car of choice. Wouldn't it be great if this was the car that caused Tesla to hire Fiskar in the first place?!?

I could make the Rapide work by loading up the passenger seat but that would be a crime wouldn't it?

Sigh...

Last edited:
Some tidbits I garnered about the Model S (Whitestar) from our group meeting at the Menlo Park store:

-It was confirmed that price differences for the Model S will be because of the number of batteries in the car. ie. you pay for the distance the car can go.
-the battery pack will be in the floor of the car.
-Initial offering of the Model S will go to roadster owners beginning just after the end of the year. Offering to the general public will begin around April of next year.
-The deposit will be between $3000 and $5000, but has not been finalized.
-Jeramy said the Model S is "Huge". When I asked him what he meant by "Huge" (whether he meant wide, long or both) he said that the car is very long. (Again fitting the styling of the very long Aston Martin Rapide, 2006 Aston Martin Rapide Concept - Top - Open Doors - 1920x1440 Wallpaper). He also mentioned that the car will be closer to the size of a BMW 7 series.

Last edited:
We also asked about trade-ins. As always they aren't taking any trade-ins for Roadster purchases now, but may consider doing it for Model-S. They seemed to think if someone wanted to trade a Roadster for model-S they would probably try to accommodate that request. No final decisions about any of that, just something they are considering.

"He also mentioned that the car will be closer to the size of a BMW 7 series."

As the battery pack becomes more compact, hopefully they can scale down their cars. At the size of a 7-series though, I can't imagine it being nearly as much fun to drive as the Roadster.

"He also mentioned that the car will be closer to the size of a BMW 7 series."

As the battery pack becomes more compact, hopefully they can scale down their cars. At the size of a 7-series though, I can't imagine it being nearly as much fun to drive as the Roadster.

With all of the weight of the batteries in the floor of the car, the center of gravity has to be quite low...I would think cornering would be fantastic, even if it is a large car.

With all of the weight of the batteries in the floor of the car, the center of gravity has to be quite low...I would think cornering would be fantastic, even if it is a large car.

Both the RAV4EV and RangerEV have the battery pack mounted near the center of the vehicle laid out flat near the ground. Both of them have very flat cornering for such tall vehicles. The Tango proves the point better than anything. It looks like it should tip over, but having the weight all down so low keeps it stable even during hard cornering.
marina04.jpg