Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WhiteStar styling ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That lower design indentation between the wheels looks familiar.

display_data.php

Infiniti-FX45_2003_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg

I have seen many better examples of cars with a rounded indentation there. The Corvette looks really different.

For instance these:
Volvo S60 Concept:
3278116030_b625cb0327.jpg

Aston Martin DBS3:
3275402200_d42621b705.jpg

Fisker Karma:
CsP_FiskerHBY.jpg

What I keep wondering about is that "hump" in the cover on the rear top of the Model S teaser. Is there a "whale tail"? A "fin"? A really tall hatchback more like a station wagon? I put a little tail on my photoshop mockup, but it seems wrong. Could it just be that the cover is bunched up and it really isn't that tall back there?

I of course like the R series from MB, but I assume if Model S is anything like that it is a lot less tall and looking at the white sheet it looks a lot more like the Jaguar XF-3 shape above (the green one). The basic shape of the XF-3 will also make me happy so it's going to be an interesting month. I'm very curious about the interior though as Musk has said several times this will be a very practical car. I suppose compared to the Roadster anything is practical, but I hope he has set the bar a bit higher than that :)

Cobos

Despite Franz von Holzhausen talking about a "sedan" last month, the rear side teaser shot shows a wide entrance opening typical for 5-door cars, so the BMW 5 GT rear might get close to what the Tesla Model S is gonna offer.

Hi all, this is my first post. I can't find an Introductions forum, so I'll introduce myself here. I'm the Dutch guy that did the Mercedes CLS "overlay" (= underlay). After reading about a guy claiming to know Model S would be based on the CLS and seeing the Lorinser (= made for Mecedes) wheels, I took a picture from Lorinser's Mercedes CLS PDF-brochure and merged it with Tesla's teaser shot. I was quite surprised by the easy results. The Lorinser tuned CLS is differently skirted compared to the original CLS btw.

Tesla_Model_C_CLS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: