Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WhiteStar styling ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
infiniti-g35-coupe-by-damd_6.jpg

I see you are going back to the G35. As we discussed before, the rear end of Model S seems to be similar to the G35/G37.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/tesla-model-s-whitestar/312-whitestar-styling-ideas-20.html#post13989

I really wish I could, but I don't want to risk getting anyone in trouble. That said, it's pretty common knowledge among anyone who has had a bit of advanced info on the car. In fact, I bet if any Roadster owners call Tesla up saying they want to put a deposit on the Model S, they would gladly tell you if you ask is it RWD or FWD. :)

Kevin, either rampage is an insider with a big mouth (which we should be thankful for) or he's a liar. If he's lying, at least he doesn't bother and/or harass anyone.

Interesting that rampage gives 'guidance' on people's photoshops and claims to know a lot of info about the car and then posts a link to a Left Lane News story which has a good photoshop and a lot of info about the car. I don't think he is lying...

Nick Aziz said:
Well if you think that a G8 and a 550i are the same, then I guess the Volt and the Tesla are also the same. But in reality the Tesla is much larger than the Volt, and much more luxury- and performance-oriented. So they’re different products entirely. Frankly, I think both will be pretty appealing to different types of customers, but we’ll all have to wait and see when production begins.

So, is the range $58k to $68k covering the 160 to 300 mile options? If so, that's not a bad price for the step up to 300 miles. I expected more.

I am from Washington DC so everyone is a liar until they put their money where their mouth is. That is the way this city works. For good or bad - probably bad ..... there is so much politics and people name dropping and stuff going on here that the long time residents just simply over look that attitude. No one is taken seriously until they actually walk the walk. No disrespect intended to Rampage.

Using the wheels as a guideline, and guessing that they are 20" wheels (21" diameter) I come up with about 136" wheelbase (very long), but with 175" total length (not particularly long), so it seems the 'S' will have the wheels pushed out towards the corners more than most vehicles. This tends to help freeway comfort (less bobbing up and down over bumps), may affect turning radius somewhat, and tends to offer better interior room. So far I like what I see but I am still concerned how wide it will be. Previous mention of fitting 3 child seats across makes me think it could be rather wide. I hope not more than 72". A car that is too wide can be a parking hassle in the land of compact parking spaces.

For reference, the Fisker Karma is a rather large vehicle:

Length 195.67 inches (4970mm)
Width 78.11 inches (1984 mm)
Height 51.57 inches (1310mm)

Last edited:
I kinda stopped paying attention to this thread because there seems to be more noise than signal. Please try to keep it civil and relevant.

Now my 2 cents on some minor points:
  • Tesla said long ago the car would be RWD. I suppose they could have changed their minds, but I don't see why they would.
  • For what it's worth that Dutch overlay implies the same wheel base as the CLS. Wikipedia says the CLS wheelbase is 2855 mm (112.4 in).
  • From what I hear, the Wired image isn't too far off, but they don't have rear quite right. Maybe the Leftlane News photochop is better?
Anyhow, we'll all see what Model S looks like in a month and I'm patient enough for that. Personally, I'm much more interested in the interior and user interface (the rumors are pretty exciting). I'm sure the exterior will look fine.

Further size comparisons:

Length:
__CLS; 193.3" (4910mm)
Karma; 195.6" (4970mm)

Width:
__CLS; 73.7" (1873mm)
Karma; 78.1" (1984mm)

Height:
__CLS; 54.7" (1389mm)
Karma; 51.5" (1310mm)

• For what it's worth that Dutch overlay implies the same wheel base as the CLS. Wikipedia says the CLS wheelbase is 2855 mm (112.4 in).

The comparison to the CLS may or may not be true. Just because the wheels look the same in the photoshop doesn't mean they are the same size. For instance, you can find pictures of CLS with 21" Lorinser R8 wheels, but the R8 also comes in 20" and 19" sizes.

People are still guessing about Model S and Karma wheelbase. I can wait until March 26th to find out if the Model S has the same wheelbase as the CLS or not.

Dpeilow and Rampage, I didn't mean to make it sound like he (you) is (are) lying. Excuse me if I was.

What I meant is that if Rampage is lying - which, like Dpeilow pointed out, seems unlikely based on the good info Rampage gives - we shouldn't complain because he is good-mannered.

...Wondering what the front will look like... Air ducts, grille, etc...

It would be nice if they release some cutaways like they did with the Roadster so we can see how they did the drivetrain.