Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who are people calling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
So I've read over and over people calling Tesla to see if a VIN was assigned to them yet. I tried the 1 888 number listed on the order page and it said too busy can't take call, and then I also tried my local shop. She picked up and sounded excited when she pulled my order up but said she can't see if a VIN is assigned, only the model 3 team can. So who is everyone calling to verify?

So I've read over and over people calling Tesla to see if a VIN was assigned to them yet. I tried the 1 888 number listed on the order page and it said too busy can't take call, and then I also tried my local shop. She picked up and sounded excited when she pulled my order up but said she can't see if a VIN is assigned, only the model 3 team can. So who is everyone calling to verify?

You just ordered last week, just wait it out. I had to wait 63 days before I got my VIN after configuring.

Chill and Enjoy the excitement. It will come when it comes. No need to bother very busy employees which slows them down on other folk's deliveries.
My issues is I may have pooched the Payment Method portion of my Delivery Profile, and it won't let me edit. I selected "cash" but there may have been a better option. It was definitely about a loan but I had rush-read it as being about getting financed through Tesla's. In the split second after I pushed the submit button I re-read and thought maybe I was wrong about that.

Not sure how or why it'd matter, as long as they get the money but there's probably some sort of paperwork that they need to generate for my lender to use. There's a good chance I'm going to be using a loan for part of this (after a sizable cash down). I'm in TX so I don't want to fubar this, as it's already a paperwork dance (though apparently improved).

Bottom line: A number of questions that I'm not sure people here can answer. On the other hand I ordered the D, so I've probably got a bit of time to play with here.

My issues is I may have pooched the Payment Method portion of my Delivery Profile, and it won't let me edit. I selected "cash" but there may have been a better option. It was definitely about a loan but I had rush-read it as being about getting financed through Tesla's. In the split second after I pushed the submit button I re-read and thought maybe I was wrong about that.

Not sure how or why it'd matter, as long as they get the money but there's probably some sort of paperwork that they need to generate for my lender to use. There's a good chance I'm going to be using a loan for part of this (after a sizable cash down). I'm in TX so I don't want to fubar this, as it's already a paperwork dance (though apparently improved).

Bottom line: A number of questions that I'm not sure people here can answer. On the other hand I ordered the D, so I've probably got a bit of time to play with here.
I did the same thing and it wont let me to edit now. I am sure cant pay with cash and I have tried reaching 1-888 number and no luck so far.

Chilll...just like @calvinvle stated...you just ordered. I order in April and today makes 72 days waiting and still nothing from Tesla...you will get yours in 'Tesla Time'

How are you supposed to get any help with model 3 related things such as changing your order, answers about if changing will move your order date, etc? Anytime you call the Tesla number it says call volume is too high. I called end of day and right at 7am, same results.

How are you supposed to get any help with model 3 related things such as changing your order, answers about if changing will move your order date, etc? Anytime you call the Tesla number it says call volume is too high. I called end of day and right at 7am, same results.
It is indeed frustrating to get information.

For some things.....this forum is great.

Also...if it wasn't for the simple Elon tweets.....I would be really lost as to what means what. My local Tesla store doesn't seem to know much at all....and even what they do say....I am hesitant to believe after some of their descriptions about features.

Anyway.....my only resolution for you is unfortunately what others have been stating....and that is to keep calling Tesla and to keep posting your questions here on TMC.

So I haven't heard from my ISA for two weeks. Won't return emails or phone calls. Bank hasn't received any paperwork for the loan and my VIN was assigned back when the Tesla Shop trick worked. Is my only recourse the 1 888 number?

Do you have his phone number from the time he called you? Call that number back. My ISA called me from his direct line and said that's the number to call if I ever needed to reach him.