Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who else hasn't received a Meet Model X invite?

As a Model X reservation holder, did you receive a Meet Model X invite by email?

• Yes, I received a Meet Model X event invite by email.

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • No, I didn't receive a Meet Model X event invite by email

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DaveT

Searcher of green pastures
Nov 15, 2012
Texas
I reserved a Model X two years ago and was expecting an invite to a Meet Model X event (Meet Model X | Tesla Motors). But I never received an email invite. It's strange because I live in Socal so I should have gotten an invite since there were several events here. Now it appears all Socal events are full.

Anyway, just wondering if you're a Model X reservation holder if you received an email invite to the Meet Model X event or not?

I reserved a Model X two years ago and was expecting an invite to a Meet Model X event (Meet Model X | Tesla Motors). But I never received an email invite. It's strange because I live in Socal so I should have gotten an invite since there were several events here. Now it appears all Socal events are full.

Anyway, just wondering if you're a Model X reservation holder if you received an email invite to the Meet Model X event or not?
Did you ever bother to call them and ask why you didn't get an invite? I know there are others that also didn't get invites. Did you ever order? If so, that would be one reason why.

Did you ever bother to call them and ask why you didn't get an invite? I know there are others that also didn't get invites. Did you ever order? If so, that would be one reason why.

I just sent them an email today. I haven't configured so maybe that's why I didn't get an invite. But I don't understand how I'm supposed to configure when I'm not even sure if I want to buy the car because I haven't been able to test drive it.

Not configuring you should have gotten an invite to the test drive event but it could have gotten spam filtered or if you opted out of marketing comms you wouldn't have been mailed. Call them and set it up for the next nearest test drive event.

Not configuring you should have gotten an invite to the test drive event but it could have gotten spam filtered or if you opted out of marketing comms you wouldn't have been mailed. Call them and set it up for the next nearest test drive event.

I've checked my spam folder multiple times and nothing from Tesla is there. And I've been opted in to Telsa marketing. I guess if I don't hear anything from my email I'll need to call them in a few days.

I haven't received an invite either DaveT, though I was fortunate to bump into one of my local store folks at a Cars & Coffee event. He got me setup next week when the event is coming through Portland. More than fortunate - I'm pretty sure the event would have come and gone through Portland otherwise without me ever knowing it was in town.

My guess is that you opted out of email marketing communications at some point. I think that's the problem for me.

Unfortunately, calling and asking back in about 5 times now (3 for the X Reveal event, and twice for other events) for me and being promised each time that I was setup and would start to receive messages have all yielded no change for me.

I never received an email. I sent an email to ask why and had a phone call from Tesla within 15minutes. He was prepared to get me set up for a test drive at the location nearest me. I was very impressed with the responsiveness and the quality of the person making the call. As TJunkers says, just call.

I never received an email. I sent an email to ask why and had a phone call from Tesla within 15minutes. He was prepared to get me set up for a test drive at the location nearest me. I was very impressed with the responsiveness and the quality of the person making the call. As TJunkers says, just call.
Did you email your DS or tesla direct?

Thanks!

Got a reply from my DS:

Yes, we do have a Meet Model X event, for customers who have not yet configured their Model X.

I’ve passed your information on to our marketing/event teams to reach out if we have any additional space available.

Just got a call from Tesla HQ. They said my local event is full and they weren't able to fit me in. So I called My local service center and same story. The guy's claiming that in their internal CRM my email has an opt out checked for marketing emails. But I've never opted out and my MyTesla profile has always been opted in for Tesla emails. And I receive all the other Tesla emails they send. Frustrating experience.