Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has the best finance rates right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've called American Airlines Credit Union (CU), they say you have to be an employee there to get a cheaper rate.

So these are some CU rates that I've found online if anyone interested.
Texas Health Resources Credit Union 2.5% for 60 months, but you have to open a checking account with $20 deposit and one time $25 application fee.
City Credit CU 1.99% for 36 months, not sure of the terms for that.
TDECU 2.99% for 48 months
Lone Start CU 2.75%, no info on term
Neiman Marcus CU 1.90%, for employee
Baptist CU 2.5%, for members I believe
Those are the one I've found. Hope that help.

You do not have to be employed by American Airlines to be a member of American Airlines Credit Union. Many airline industry or airport related companies and travel related business qualify. Call or drop by and ask! Good luck.

I ended up getting 60 month @2.25% with GEFCU here in Austin.

It was 2.50% but, they gave me an additional 0.25% discount for setting up automatic payments from checking account.

What kind of approval paperwork did they give you when you signed up? A sheet showing approval, rate, and full terms?

I want to see if I could match this offer with the Lightstream offer to get an unsecured loan and save 0.1%.

i have done online application for loan at CUTX on Tuesday but still haven't heard back from anyone. hm. also, in the initial pre-approval it said my rate was something like 6.4%! What? My credit is excellent. Is tht just because i'm not a member of the credit union? But apparently if i am approved , i should be able to become a member and get the rate down, correct?

i just tried Bank of America today since we already bank with them. for 60 mo i got a rate of 3.39% which is the lowest possible. that seems high compared to what u can potentially get with a credit union. also, does BofA count Tesla as a legit dealer? Tesla wasn't in the automaker pull-down menu so i had to fill it in.

eek, i am really anxious to finalize loan and get approvals as i am getting the car delivered on 6/28 and i just wnat to make sure everything is done in time.

ok an update - i talked to CUTX and got 2.09% for 36 months. excellent credit (>800). i may get even lower rate for setting up automatic payments. so i will just go with them. 36 months is shorter than i'd like but i will bite the bullet to save $$ .

i'm shocked, i got my MVPA yesterday from Tesla and i'm still a week away from delivery. i'm wondering if Tesla just wants to make sure everything in place as they know everybody is rushing to get their delivery before the end of the month..