Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who in Canada will order the new P85D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up tonight and it is a thing of beauty. It is kind of overwhelming there is so much stuff to learn to control on the screens. One question - I have the UHF sound which says it has "XM Radio Capability". What does that mean? My old Lexus had XM so I still have a sub - can I transfer it over to this car?

And if you subscribe to the Slacker premium service then where do you enter your ID?

Jgdixon, thanks so much for the welcome message. It would be great to be a part of the owner's club in Southern Ontario and I will send you an e-mail.

mrElbe, I have been reading your posts and feeling really bad for you. I figured with our cars having very similar VINs that we must have ordered around the same time. Not really sure why mine made it to Chicago and yours has some higher purpose.

I picked up tonight and it is a thing of beauty. It is kind of overwhelming there is so much stuff to learn to control on the screens. One question - I have the UHF sound which says it has "XM Radio Capability". What does that mean? My old Lexus had XM so I still have a sub - can I transfer it over to this car?

And if you subscribe to the Slacker premium service then where do you enter your ID?

I'm still between cars and I'm sure someone will jump in with full specifics (or correct me) but I believe that if you raise the controls screen and select settings, then apps and the media app, you can input the login information you need. This definitely works for Slacker (and TuneIn).

Well after ending up in P85D limbo, finally got my car today (recent weather in southern BC and Alberta didn't help).
Got 2 out of 3 in the 'lottery' - next gen seats in back and yacht floor, but struck out on the heated steering wheel - C'est la vie

The sun was already starting to set, so the steel grey looks pretty dark in this quick pic I took with phone

small1.jpg

Well after ending up in P85D limbo, finally got my car today (recent weather in southern BC and Alberta didn't help).
Got 2 out of 3 in the 'lottery' - next gen seats in back and yacht floor, but struck out on the heated steering wheel - C'est la vie

The sun was already starting to set, so the steel grey looks pretty dark in this quick pic I took with phone

View attachment 68416
Congrats!
So far I don't think anyone in western Canada (on this forum) has got the heated steering wheel but in your case I think your build was before the December 8/9 date when this feature started rolling out. I'm quite eager to see if "3s" gets this feature.

I'm still between cars and I'm sure someone will jump in with full specifics (or correct me) but I believe that if you raise the controls screen and select settings, then apps and the media app, you can input the login information you need. This definitely works for Slacker (and TuneIn).
You're right that works to provide IDs for Slacker and TuneIn but still no sign of XM anywhere.

As a last ditch effort before cancelling, I wrote an email to Jerome this morning. Osama's battery failure after only 150km has me very concerned.

I think it would be a shame if you did. There will most certainly be some bugs. It's unrealistic to think that somebody could engineer/build something as complex as these cars from the ground up, new, with no problems. It's astounding, to me, that they're as reliable as they are. Look at Fisker for an example of what a lesser company would do.

But, I believe that Tesla will come good for whatever crops up. I'm going into this expecting some (reasonable) issues. I look at it as the price that we have to pay for playing a small part in promoting this technology. Yes, in 5-6 years these cars will be bullet-proof. But then you've missed out for 5-6 years. To me, having a Tesla while it's new, unusual and a bit unproven is part of the interest.

Osama's battery failure after only 150km has me very concerned.

I wouldn't be too concerned about that. You're going to see a rare early component failure once in a while. Modern electronics are incredibly reliable but the time when they're most likely to fail is actually when they are brand new. After a few days of operation the probability of failure drops to an incredibly low number. He just got unlucky - won the anti-lottery.

Oh... looking at the thread it's a 12V (auxiliary) battery failure. Although it caused the car to shut down, it's actually pretty minor. Tesla has had some issues with the 12V batteries and charging systems, though it's unusual for one to fail so quickly.

Interestingly after my email to Jerome, my car finished production today and my dashboard changed to "Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery". Estimated Delivery still shows "Late December".
Explanation of delay is that the factory was idle for the holidays. Looks like there is a light at the end of the black hole.

Interestingly after my email to Jerome, my car finished production today and my dashboard changed to "Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery". Estimated Delivery still shows "Late December".
Explanation of delay is that the factory was idle for the holidays. Looks like there is a light at the end of the black hole.

CONGRATS!!!!!! You should ask if the VIN will be a 2015. It was completed in 2015 after all,

I brought my car home 27 hours ago and my app still isn't active. Isn't this supposed to happen within 24 hrs? It would have been nice to preheat the car tonight with the -17 deep chill.

That's really weird, my app becomes active the same night I took delivery. But then Scott did say it normally takes 24-48 hrs to activate. Is your dashboard on the website empty now where the status used to be?