Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is Your PW Registered Retailer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aesculus

Still Trying to Figure This All Out
May 31, 2015
Northern California
I was poking around in the PW API site_info and honed in on the retailer tag. Mine was listed as CleanPowerSF. I don't live in SF and had to look them up on the internet:

So I am guessing Tesla just used this as a default rather than leaving it blank.

Anyone else have a bogus retailer in their PW settings?

I don't have a retailer field in my site_info.

{"max_system_energy_kWh":27,"max_system_power_kW":10,"site_name":"Tesla Powerwall","timezone":"America/Los_Angeles","max_site_meter_power_kW":999999998,"min_site_meter_power_kW":-4.0819599609375,"nominal_system_energy_kWh":27,"nominal_system_power_kW":10,"grid_code":{"grid_code":"60Hz_240V_s_UL1741SA:2016_California","grid_voltage_setting":240,"grid_freq_setting":60,"grid_phase_setting":"Split","country":"United States","state":"California","region":"UL1741SA"}}

Gotta love that site import limit. o_O I just got more solar installed, so I will have to have the export limit increased to match the total solar.

PW_Summary_230923.jpg

Last edited:
Mine doesn't show any site import or export limits, nothing after the '0' on mine.
The export limit only really matters if you're on a VPP or have "export everything" available. Do you have either of these? Without these features, the export to grid is limited by what the solar panels produce and in most US locations the systems are sized so the full solar export is allowed (I know Hawaii is an exception to this).
My export limit did not get set until I joined the California VPP.

No VPP here, and assuming not 'export everything'. That's good to know, thanks for the added information.
There have been times when I'm pushing 13kW to the grid, after 10% conversion loss and house usage.

Brings up another thought... I should figure out a way to programmatically determine the conversion % and track it. I imagine that an increase in conversion % may help me diagnose a failing inverter sooner. I have an emporia vue capturing home usage, I'd just need to subtract that from what Tesla says I'm using (that seems to include house usage + conversion loss). The emporia though doesn't provide by second reporting, so maybe I should hook up my sense again.... (thinking out loud on paper, the old fashioned way).

Anyone else that has perhaps solved this already?

The export limit only really matters if you're on a VPP or have "export everything" available. Do you have either of these? Without these features, the export to grid is limited by what the solar panels produce and in most US locations the systems are sized so the full solar export is allowed (I know Hawaii is an exception to this).
My export limit did not get set until I joined the California VPP.

I do have export everything in my Tesla app, but have not (and will not) join the California VPP so perhaps thats why I dont show an export limit. Interesting info, thanks for sharing.