Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who pre-ordered before the car was seen?

Were you part of the 115,000 people who pre-ordered before the launch that evening?

• No

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 274 94.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you talking about Elon's tweet or something else? I am hoping for a t-shirt or hoodie for being #6 in Kansas City.

Elon Musk ‏@elonmusk Apr 2

Token of appreciation for those who lined up coming via mail. Thought maybe 20-30 people per store would line up, not 800. Gifts on order.

I actually have inside information and was told that everybody who pre-ordered standing in line that morning before lunch time would receive free upgrades in your car. Hopefully that information is correct because that would be awesome

I actually have inside information and was told that everybody who pre-ordered standing in line that morning before lunch time would receive free upgrades in your car. Hopefully that information is correct because that would be awesome
But how would Tesla send an upgrade to the car via the mail (i.e., postal service)? That's what we were told in line by the Tesla store employees and that's all Elon promised in his tweet.

If Elon had said we would get something via an over-the-air update to our cars once we get them, then I would get excited. :) Meanwhile, I'll be anxiously checking my mail (postal) box everyday for the sketches and model car. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: EV33
I actually have inside information and was told that everybody who pre-ordered standing in line that morning before lunch time would receive free upgrades in your car.

Probability of this being accurate? About the same as the rumor that those in line will have their cars personally delivered by Elon, 0.00042%. Likelihood of receiving a die-cast "hot-wheels"ish model 3? >50%

• Funny
Reactions: EV33
TMC forum member 1: Wow, the guy at the Tesla store said that, per Elon, all of us waiting in line today to order a Model 3 will get a gift as a token of appreciation.
TMC forum member 2: Elon just tweeted the same thing!
TMC forum member 3: Any idea what it'll be?
TMC forum member 4: Maybe a baseball cap or T-shirt?
TMC forum member 5: How about free Supercharging? :D
TMC forum member 6: Free autopilot! :p
TMC forum member 7: Free AWD upgrade. :)
Random guy reading TMC forums posting on the Internet or telling a friend who then posts on Internet: I learned from a reliable Tesla source that they will be giving those who stood in line on March 31, some kind of free upgrade.

After going several more rounds on the Internet and gaining more "credibility" with each iteration, it ends up back here as having come from an actual Tesla company source.

Last edited:
I reserved early in store as well. Got in line in Raleigh around 8:15am and placed my order just after 11am. I very seriously doubt we'll be getting any options for free, I think the token Elon promised via twitter will be just that, a small memento or keepsake.

Walked into the Yorkdale (Toronto) store after work and did this:
eBE21mm.jpg

I too found the web site open 1/2 hour before the reveal. Got mine ordered by 7:43 PDT - think I'm in first 115,000. Expect some employees and store-reservers to be ahead of me - say 50,000? So I get to be in second tranche. At 5,000 cars per month being released to first-in-line priorities, I figure up-to 10 months. So, Oct 2018 for delivery?