Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who pre-ordered before the car was seen?

Were you part of the 115,000 people who pre-ordered before the launch that evening?

• No

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 274 94.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, first poster here!

I stood in line outside a store in Sweden. The reason was I wanted to be a part of "the future of transport" and I felt like it was a pivot point event of sorts.

funny detail, everything about that morning for me was really calm a quite, people speaking in a low tone of voice to each other in line, everything quite in the store when I filled in my details,but the moment I pressed submit the tesla guy almost shouted "CONGRATULATIONS, HOW DID THAT FEEL!!!" That shooked me way more than buying a thing unseen that will cost me like 60k with options :):)

Have a great day
Best
Fredrik

Hello all, first poster here!

I stood in line outside a store in Sweden. The reason was I wanted to be a part of "the future of transport" and I felt like it was a pivot point event of sorts.

funny detail, everything about that morning for me was really calm a quite, people speaking in a low tone of voice to each other in line,

Welcome to the forum!

I have about the same reason for reserving the Model 3 as you. I'm thinking about being able to tell my children that I was part of this pivotal moment in history (albeit not as early as the Roadster folks, but still). This is the kind of thing I've waited for 30 years to happen, -when science fiction gets real...

Hey, you must have been in the same queue as me, it was very quiet and civilized. ---Or we're just swedes :)

Arrived in Montreal at 7 AM and was 104th in line!!! Reservation was made at 10:32.

Gift may be a Model 3 in DieCast. Similar to the following one:
Tesla — 1:18 Scale Diecast P85 Model S
I've seen this theory, but I don't think they've had time to do a die-cast model of the Model 3 and I got the feeling the "token" was going to be coming soon. Some later tweet about things being already ordered and arriving in the mail. But a model of the Model 3 would be cool...

Welcome to the forum!

Hey, you must have been in the same queue as me, it was very quiet and civilized. ---Or we're just swedes :)

Thanks, I was at Täby Centrum place mabye 60 in the line. btw I convinced my friend to put down a res too, so I dragged him along.. ..He really liked the look he said but wondered how he was going to charge it and go far, he wasn't even aware the supercharger network is as built out as it is which owerwhelmed him when I told him.

This is a problem I see, people have no clue how far ahead things is, mabye its time for tesla to do a very limited worldwide ad campain not describing the cars so much they sell themselves but the overall vision and how to get there

have a great day
Fredrik

Online before the reveal.

I had a little bit of internal struggle being so close to reveal, thinking I may as well wait to see it but finally thought 'stuff it' and reserved. It was the reputation of the S and the X that made me think the 3 is going to be something special.

Would of loved to have lined up and reserved at a store but the nearest one to me is about 750km away (no excuse though!)

1:30 pm on 03/31. My thought was "Tesla's model 3 could not be any uglier than all the other EV on the market or planning to be not the market." Lucky for us it looks like a $35,000 car not like an over priced eco box that runs on batteries.

Reactions: EV33
Reserved in store the 31st at the Tyco rd center, Vienna Va. Arrived about 10:15 to find a line of about 250 to 300 around the side of the buidling. There were at least 10 reservation takers and they were well organized. I was done by 11:45.
I bet they took 400 to 600 plus that day at least.

Reactions: EV33
Care to tell us what it's like to be an EMT at Fremont?

Dont want to get too off topic here but I like working at Tesla. Pay is good, benefits are good. Not for the faint of heart though. 12 hour days are minimum. 5 days a week. Its definitely better than my last job working as ride maintenance at Six Flags. I would recommend it to anyone that has mechanical/electrical knowledge. We have some openings if anyone is interested in applying.

Reactions: pangolina and EV33