Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

who was told no uncorking with a 60d>75d or originally 75d in USA only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My local (hour away) service center told me my S was not eligible at this time. I had them on the phone about the dying 12V battery and the parking break recall. They said they would send out a tech for the 12v battery only. When he showed up we did the 12v battery and the parking brake calipers. So happy that I could be at home and help take it apart and put it back together.

I asked the tech and he said he could not get the isensorprotocalnumber but would check. He called back and said I had to do the 75 upgrade before he could tell me for sure. Seen a lot of this kind of info and not sure what the deal is. Because I had put in an email to support before this and they finally got back to me and said:

“Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose that Protocol number, however I was able to verify your vehicle will be eligible for uncorking after you upgrade to 75D. If you would like to perform these upgrades, I would recommend calling into your preferred service center and scheduling service with them.”

It seems like most all of the 60-70-75D post refresh cars can be upgraded but they wanted to let the folks that already paid for a 75D get it first. At least for me it’s only $500 to go from 70-75D at this point but it still seems like it’s not a sure thing. I really, really, really don’t want to take it to the service center if I don’t have to.

My local (hour away) service center told me my S was not eligible at this time. I had them on the phone about the dying 12V battery and the parking break recall. They said they would send out a tech for the 12v battery only. When he showed up we did the 12v battery and the parking brake calipers. So happy that I could be at home and help take it apart and put it back together.

I asked the tech and he said he could not get the isensorprotocalnumber but would check. He called back and said I had to do the 75 upgrade before he could tell me for sure. Seen a lot of this kind of info and not sure what the deal is. Because I had put in an email to support before this and they finally got back to me and said:

“Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose that Protocol number, however I was able to verify your vehicle will be eligible for uncorking after you upgrade to 75D. If you would like to perform these upgrades, I would recommend calling into your preferred service center and scheduling service with them.”

It seems like most all of the 60-70-75D post refresh cars can be upgraded but they wanted to let the folks that already paid for a 75D get it first. At least for me it’s only $500 to go from 70-75D at this point but it still seems like it’s not a sure thing. I really, really, really don’t want to take it to the service center if I don’t have to.

You should be able to upgrade the battery directly from your My Tesla page. For the uncorking, you will probably have to take it to the service center, although there have been reports of rangers doing it as well, but not very common.