Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why am I getting this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's stupid! You guys really have a problem with bots?

Human, Really.jpg

You need to send your question to Cloudflare since they are the ones that handles and filters the traffic to this site and the message you see is coming from Cloudflare.
Cloudflare is merely the host that TMC uses. They likely would only tell me that TMC has requested it.

Couple things, first, when I don't log out and merely close out the website, then I reopen it from my normal bookmark link, I don't get the prompt even after rebooting. Also noteworthy is that I tried it with Brave and Duck duck go, and as long as I don't log out and only shut down the site, I do not get the prompt.

However, if I do log out then log back in, I get the prompt using chrome and brave, but DDG actually shows the below pop up saying that it blocked Cloudflare and a few others and proceeds to the TMC site. This has only been in play for the last week or so.

1707155062529.png

Upvote 0
(not a mod)...

Cloudflare is merely the host that TMC uses.

Incorrect. Cloudflare is a reverse proxy that filters all traffic to TMC, which is hosted somewhere else. Cloudflare is not a web hosting service.

They likely would only tell me that TMC has requested it.

It's a mix of both. Cloudflare recently increased bot detection across the board (as well as for all of my sites as well), and if your traffic looks suspicious, you get that warning message to prove you're not a bot or otherwise automated traffic. It's a small price to pay to ensure that all the truly bad traffic is blocked. And unless you're on a shared computer somewhere insecure, I'd suggest simply not logging out each time. If you're on a safe/secure computer or browser, there's no risk to just stay logged in and avoid that message.

Individual customers of Cloudflare can adjust the level of security applied to the site, and have more, less, or no bot detection at all.

Upvote 0