Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why can't you order a new Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe they should just include FSD, and keep the price the same,
The problem is, FSD is close to worthless. ;)

instead of FING all the prior buyers.
The unfortunate reality here is that the market sets the price, not Tesla. If they want to sell cars, they have to sell them for prices people will pay.

I have to agree that I don't get the FSD "value". My wife and and I played with it this week and it just seems to be a a high stress parlor trick... not really something I would depend on day to day. It kinda like dealing with the Veterans Administration, you have high expectations, but then the reality of how F'ed up they are hits.. and you realize you better have a backup plan.

Reactions: ucmndd
I haven't been tracking for months.. but thanks for the insight... I figure if I wait another couple months they will be 10K off. Maybe they should just include FSD, and keep the price the same, instead of FING all the prior buyers.
I paid way more for my '22 MYP than the current prices, so I am a prior buyer who paid much more.

My 2017 Prius Prime has 318k miles, and a new Prime is basically the same price as a MY, even a MYP. I am debating getting another Tesla and driving it into the ground, but we don't have enough high mileage data to confirm it won't need a battery shortly after the warranty is up.

At 65k, running 50k/yr and getting out of warranty in two years is an expensive proposition. It's getting closer at under 40k where I'm considering trying it.

Tesla has increased the prices for all Model Y trims by $1,000.- (U.S. market) on April 1st 2024 and the SuperCharger promo (5,000/10,000 free miles charging) has ended March 31st 2024. The inventory prices still reflect discounts up to $5,300.- for MYLR (new vehicles, Pearl White or Ultra Red, 5-seater, black & white interior, 19” Gemini standard Wheels).

Build Date: 3/24. Delivered: 3/29/24
Traded in a 2020 Model Y. The improvements are significant. Very pleased so far. Of the last 7 new cars purchased I never knew the manufacture date.
It never seemed to matter. How does someone differentiate in stock vs custom order? Hidden available options?

Build Date: 3/24. Delivered: 3/29/24
Traded in a 2020 Model Y. The improvements are significant. Very pleased so far. Of the last 7 new cars purchased I never knew the manufacture date.
It never seemed to matter. How does someone differentiate in stock vs custom order? Hidden available options?
There really is no such thing as a custom order. Tesla builds in batches and then assigns VINs by matching up their inventory to existing orders. Cars that don’t get matched show up on the Inventory portion of the website for people to purchase. Lately everyone is purchasing from inventory because of the substantial discounts being offered.