Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why did you cancel your Model 3 reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a rendering of what model Y might look like a couple of days ago. I think I will cancel my 3 reservation if Y is revealed before I actually order the 3. I think this is highly likely.
I wouldn't put too much stock in any Model Y rendering at this point in time; it's all guesswork and wishful thinking by someone not affiliated with Tesla. None of the third-party renderings of the Model 3 over the years came close to resembling the revealed car.

Reactions: Red Sage
If some unexpected (expected?) delay happens, the Volt is a fine bridge plug-in. There's also this car called the "Bolt" coming out in mere days now. ;)
uh, no, nope, not, don't uhuh

i have had a Volt for 36 months.

Crippled electric range (around low mid 40's in summer, high 30's in winter) , crippled electric charging rate (3.kW MAX)
uncomfortable front seats
zero room in back if front seats slid back for legs

It does have electric though

• Informative
I do indeed believe they have learned every lesson concerning production. They have recently been breaking all kinds of production - delivery records.
I do indeed believe they have learned every lesson concerning production. They have recently been breaking all kinds of production - delivery records.
I wouldn't call an 8% increase in Model S production year over year 2015 to 2016 as record breaking but like I said I hope am proved wrong as I'm on the list too.

I wouldn't call an 8% increase in Model S production year over year 2015 to 2016 as record breaking but like I said I hope am proved wrong as I'm on the list too.

Production rose to 25,185 vehicles in Q3. This was an increase of 37% from Q2 production of 18,345.
They broke their production record - That's what I called record breaking.

Here is the link.
Tesla Q3 2016 Production and Deliveries (NASDAQ:TSLA)

Simple.

Depends on what the "record" is. Can you think of any other premium EV that sells better year on year ? I can't. So definitely, that is record breaking.

If some unexpected (expected?) delay happens, the Volt is a fine bridge plug-in. There's also this car called the "Bolt" coming out in mere days now. ;)
Yeah, if you live in California or Oregon. Who knows when anyone else will be able to buy one... and don't forget that you have to pay extra for DC quick charging on top of the base price. It's better than the current Leaf, but it's still nowhere near worth what they're asking for what's basically an electric Chevy Trax that costs $21k.

uh, no, nope, not, don't uhuh

i have had a Volt for 36 months.

Crippled electric range (around low mid 40's in summer, high 30's in winter) , crippled electric charging rate (3.kW MAX)
uncomfortable front seats
zero room in back if front seats slid back for legs

It does have electric though

If you have a 2011-2012 Volt, it is rated at 35 miles.
2013-2015 is 38 miles.
All charge in 4 hours or less while you sleep.

Mid 40's to high 30's actually meets or exceeds the published specs.

All cars have people who hate the seats. There are no exceptions at any price. This is why F1 and other racing programs have the seats fitted to the driver, and swapped when they switch drivers.

Office chairs are the same way. I remember buying a Fashion Statement $700 chair. I gave it to an employee and now I'm back to using a $20 Costco stacking chair which I love.

Production rose to 25,185 vehicles in Q3. This was an increase of 37% from Q2 production of 18,345.
They broke their production record - That's what I called record breaking.

Here is the link.
Tesla Q3 2016 Production and Deliveries (NASDAQ:TSLA)

Simple.
Scroll up, I said Model S was 8%. In any case here's the latest numbers from Morgan Stanley that's circulating in the investors forum. It's interesting that they don't believe any Model 3's will be delivered next year.
IMG_1760.JPG

Scroll up, I said Model S was 8%. In any case here's the latest numbers from Morgan Stanley that's circulating in the investors forum. It's interesting that they don't believe any Model 3's will be delivered next year.
View attachment 205142
So I guess everyone needs to pick who they believe.

1. A Morgan Stanley research spreadsheet
2. Tessa's earning numbers presented by Tesla themselves.

Your choice.

Either way - The broke all of their records in Q3 this year.

So I guess everyone needs to pick who they believe.

1. A Morgan Stanley research spreadsheet
2. Tessa's earning numbers presented by Tesla themselves.

Your choice.

Either way - The broke all of their records in Q3 this year.
Lol. MS gets their numbers from Tesla's SEC filed and independently certified quarterly earnings reports and then adds in Tesla's guidance for Q4. Your attachment was a Tesla press release so you choose which is the better source. They had to exceed Q3 because they underperformed Q2 by 15% and guidance has them underperforming Q4 by 5%. As a long time Tesla shareholder I follow their financials so none of this surprises me. What concerns me is the analysts thinking on Model 3's next year. That's the news here.

Last edited:
If you have a 2011-2012 Volt, it is rated at 35 miles.
2013-2015 is 38 miles.
All charge in 4 hours or less while you sleep.

Mid 40's to high 30's actually meets or exceeds the published specs.

All cars have people who hate the seats. There are no exceptions at any price. This is why F1 and other racing programs have the seats fitted to the driver, and swapped when they switch drivers.

Office chairs are the same way. I remember buying a Fashion Statement $700 chair. I gave it to an employee and now I'm back to using a $20 Costco stacking chair which I love.

It can get to very high 40's IF i'm in Florida and outside temps are in the 80's
If gets in the high 20's to low 30's (electric) when outside temps are in the 30's (6kWh for 14 miles, 10.1kWh battery usable)

the point is Charge rate is crippled and electric range is crippled, and it's the BEST PHEV
It was a mistake...

• Informative
Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
View attachment 205142
I presume that 'FY' stands for 'Full Year' in that chart...? I do wonder why they expect to see 800 Tesla Roadster sold during 2017, and another 2,000 sold during 2018, though. That's quite a lot for a car that hasn't been announced at all. But, they expect the Model ☰ will only be built at from 2.5% to 5% of what has been announced for 2017. So, I feel rather bullish that Tesla will be able to outperform that prediction by several multiples.

I presume that 'FY' stands for 'Full Year' in that chart...? I do wonder why they expect to see 800 Tesla Roadster sold during 2017, and another 2,000 sold during 2018, though. That's quite a lot for a car that hasn't been announced at all. But, they expect the Model ☰ will only be built at from 2.5% to 5% of what has been announced for 2017. So, I feel rather bullish that Tesla will be able to outperform that prediction by several multiples.
Yes it means full year. I get that their full analysis has the reasons for the M3 delay but the numbers suggest that any or all of the 2017 cars are very short of what was said and probably just going to Tesla employees but that last part is just speculation on my part.

Yes it means full year. I get that their full analysis has the reasons for the M3 delay but the numbers suggest that any or all of the 2017 cars are very short of what was said and probably just going to Tesla employees but that last part is just speculation on my part.

The analysis from Adam Jonas (Morgan Stanley) also predicts that Tesla will not deliver 500,000 vehicles per year until 2025. I personally don't put much stock in his production forecasts.

The analysis from Adam Jonas (Morgan Stanley) also predicts that Tesla will not deliver 500,000 vehicles per year until 2025. I personally don't put much stock in his production forecasts.
I hope your right about the M3 forecast. BTW, up until this summer Jonas was a solid bull on Tesla. I think he started to be more critical of Elon's somewhat vague answers on earnings calls around that time.
Tesla Model 3 will not arrive until ‘very end’ of 2018, says once TSLA-cheerleader Morgan Stanley’s Adam Jonas

Last edited: