Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why doesn’t Tesla include fixed speed & red light camera map locations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here in Australia maps on the phone pops up with alerts on fixed and mobile camera locations and an option to tap screen to update it but that touching the phone while driving as from sept 01 has new fines here of $500 and 3 demerits or answering a text etc. a $1,000 plus demerits so it would be nice to have them pop up as the first post says from Nuclear fusion on the main screen with an audible note, I never touch the phone while driving any car but in the Tes I don't want more screens to glance over at.

Here in Australia maps on the phone pops up with alerts on fixed and mobile camera locations and an option to tap screen to update it but that touching the phone while driving as from sept 01 has new fines here of $500 and 3 demerits or answering a text etc. a $1,000 plus demerits so it would be nice to have them pop up as the first post says from Nuclear fusion on the main screen with an audible note, I never touch the phone while driving any car but in the Tes I don't want more screens to glance over at.
Which app does it? Google Maps?

on personal iphone 8 looks like it uses tomtom openstreetmaps with loads of plugins? screen just has map icon called "Maps"
I assume works phone a samsung links to google maps, I log into a different app accept a job and click navigate and the map pops up I assumed it was google but not 100% I have been told there are many others trip planners that have live and fixed camera locations but I haven't looked into that.

If you need to be warned to avoid running red lights, are you positive you should be driving? :D

I hate posts like this, and have seen several on this thread already.

It honestly can be as simple as helping you be careful when making a right turn. One by my wifes old work would get everybody if you didn't come to a complete stop 50 yards before the turn. So you stop 50 yards before you turn, then creep forward, stop again, then go. Otherwise you get a ticket. It's not about running red lights, obviously people aren't trying to do that, but to warn people about the cameras and to be extra careful. (Especially since they are super sensitive to give you a ticket)