Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why?? Just Why???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a mid engined sports car in the family and recently we had the bonnet up when a policeman came round to make some neighbourhood enquiries/chat.

I think he must have seen the electric charge lead and (seriously) asked if we were electrifying it.

We politely pointed out that the engine was in the rear at which point he said it was a while since he had seen one and had forgotten.

I guess that, and not noticing the two big exhaust pipes sticking out the back are the reason why he is making enquiries and not a detective.

Which brings up my former beetle mates favourite joke.

A policeman was looking under the bonnet of a beetle and said to the owner, looks like your engine has been nicked.

The beetle owner replies, it’s ok, I’ve got a spare one in the boot…

That actually happened to a friend and me. We were driving along the seafront in Ryde on the Isle of Wight in a Hillman Imp (in the 1980’s) and were waved down by a policeman. He insisted on looking in the boot and looked confused when there was an engine there, and my friend said that was the spare he carries just in case! We laughed and he looked embarrassed and let us go.

Reactions: MrBadger