Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why my software version stays at 2021.3.106 52739250009a?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back after a 820mi trip. It drops auto steer from the display once I got over 80. If I remember and turn off AP then it seemed to be ok. Imagine this is the vision only situation as I saw the message when we made final payment. But it may also be the amount I'm accelerating past 80. Man this car takes off hah! So use to that long pause in an automatic transmission. Once I stop and get my butt out of the seat it seems to come back as stated prior.

I also had a situation where I got "autopilot safety and convenience features are unavailable" for a period with an info icon. I assumed maybe a camera got a bug splat or something else was up. It would come back sometimes, but I noticed other posts on line seem to hint to rebooting. Everything still would work with AP in that situation so I wasn't sure if it was just a bug.
Also when I got home and plugged in, I couldn't load the charging screen. I saw it charging so I opted to reboot again and it came back. I was mainly wanting to check if I was charging at 20A (i.e. it remembers) or 48A if supercharging reset it. Turns out it remembers (cool!)

Seriously though, the AP system did a great job the whole trip. Only had a couple spots where I had to tease it out of trying to drift right on merges or one time it tried to drift into a left hand lane on 395 here in WA north of Spokane. It spotted a flock of turkeys and warned me. Totally spotted cars slamming on the brakes as I went over Tiger Mountain on Hwy 18. Took the fatigue of the trip out.

I only saw some braking when I went past a large boulder/rock formation and one guys metal mail box (shiny). It also seemed to get tripped up by the super shiny semi tankers hauling milk. I also noticed it may take caution if the sun seems to hit the front camera at the right angle.

Lot of guys towing off the side of the road with tire blowouts. Wish these guys would slow down. Specially passing me at 85+ on 75mph rated tires.
And family members asking "where is my spare tire?" -- there isn't one -- horror on their face lol.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GOVA
I took delivery on 7/14/21 and I’m also still on 2021.3.106 the car has yet to receive a software update. I asked a service technician about it (he was fixing a faulty seatbelt in my back seat) and he said that was a current software for my build. It’s weird because I sold my old model 3 to a friend and they’ve gotten 3 updates in the same time.

I took delivery on 7/14/21 and I’m also still on 2021.3.106 the car has yet to receive a software update. I asked a service technician about it (he was fixing a faulty seatbelt in my back seat) and he said that was a current software for my build. It’s weird because I sold my old model 3 to a friend and they’ve gotten 3 updates in the same time.
New cars come with factory firmware versions. There are a lot of people in the same boat. It will update at some point. No one can tell you when. If you search the forum you will find a ton of similar questions, but again no one can tell you when it will update. Don't worry, it will happen soon whether that means a couple days or a couple months.

Well I hope my 2021.2.104 updates soon because I am really having a hard time with Autopilot at night flashing the high beams all the time.
I also am looking forward to being able to un-dim my mirrors.

What is interesting is that no one knows why the newer Model Y’s are not getting the updates. The rest of the fleet is getting updates including older Model Y’s.
No one *knows* why, but the speculation about Tesla having to improvise parts/roll out vision only due to the semiconductor shortage seems like a pretty good explanation.

Reactions: CapinWinky
I'm still stuck on orginal software. Took delivery 2 weeks ago. Software is 2021.11.103. Still don't have car wash mode and unable to disable auto high beams when on autopilot. When do we start getting updates?
No one can tell you when you will start to receive updates. What I can say though is that there are people (myself included) who took delivery in July or August who are still on factory versions. It could be tomorrow or could be months before an update, but it will happen eventually.

Alright, got a software update too
IMG_BE8A8DD25E42-1.jpeg