Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why screen is not tiltable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the size is the reason why it works fine without having to tilt toward the driver more. Just wonder why Tesla does not make it titt-able, and, yes, that makes it harder for a front passenger to see. But, the driver should be the primary focus (when the car is moving), and I am sure it’s doable.

This is one issue which my has with the MY. She is very short (just under 5 feet) and sits very close to the steering wheel and dash. She finds it awkward to view and said a level of swivel would help her greatly. Even if just minor.

Cost, complexity, and longevity. More parts mean not only a higher cost but more time spent during manufacturing. More parts add places for things to go wrong and more repairs. Fewer parts tend to make things last longer.

Reactions: DriveMe
I saw a video from CFTesla regarding the updated swiveling screen mount kit. I really like the idea of easily moving the screen side to side based upon situation.

The one main concern is the mount kit lowers the height of the screen from its normal Tesla factory position. In the video you can see his right knee seems close to the lower left corner of the screen. The clearance looks to be about 3-4 inches but just seems a little low to me.

Also the $300 cost right after I just bought a bunch of accessories for my soon to be delivered MY.

I'll bet its not tillable because someone would complain that it wasn't firm enough or would break too easily.
They're used to people complaining about both sides of an argument so just went with the easy option :D
Personally I wouldn't trust a third party add-on with something quite as critical as the only display in the car, especially when the replacement cost is so expensive.