Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why so few Model Y accessories from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the Tesmanian mats for truck and frunk and they are typical Chinese mats made on the same equipment as the much less expensive sellers on Amazon. Expensive mats have multiple materials and better edges. WeatherTech, which usually makes Tesla's all weather mats, are a moderately better but a single material. 3D Maxpider and Tuxmat are true premium mats.

The best way to buy less expensive all weather mats is to look at Amazon vendors with a lot of good Tesla reviews.

I have the Tesmanian ones (2020 Tesla Model Y Floor Mats Full Set Special , Save 19%) and they’re seriously high quality.

I'd appreciate your view on the Tesmanian ones. I like the style and high sides, but those look like hard plastic shells (as opposed to rubber like Tesla Model 3 mats). I have plastic liners (WeatherTech I think) in my old pickup and my feet tend to slip all over the place -- especially when wet.

I'd appreciate your view on the Tesmanian ones. I like the style and high sides, but those look like hard plastic shells (as opposed to rubber like Tesla Model 3 mats). I have plastic liners (WeatherTech I think) in my old pickup and my feet tend to slip all over the place -- especially when wet.
your observations are correct. My feet slide a lot on the hard plastic mats, unless im wearing shoes with nonslip soles

I think the store didn't account for the Model Y being released early in March and is still trying to catch up. People love buying accessories for their new "baby" in the first few months of new ownership. Any delay in stuff that's not available right now will be a missed sale.

To be honest the Model 3 floor mats from Tesla are not very good. Aftermarket is the way to go as they will cost less and give bettery coverage. Anything else you're looking for? Aftermaket Tesla accessories have a pretty good selection.

I disagree on this one, specifically for the full coverage Tesla Winter mats with side protection. I bought these after looking at after-market and the cost increase was minimal but the coverage and protection and fit was perfect. They have 2 versions of Winter mats and I am specifically talking about the full coverage ones. Been outstanding for me dealing with rain and snow in winter and kids that don't give a damn and jump in everything before hopping in the car!

Reactions: DirtyT3sla
It seems like the 3DMaxSpider ones are revered as the best. The stock ones seem to be relatively functional but they do lack some coverage in the dead pedal area. So, if you’re going to spend the same amount get the superior product.

Reactions: alexcue
There is a decent selection of mods and accessories for Model Y here. Especially for carbon fiber geeks like myself. I have a Model 3, but just checked and they have a good amount for the Y:

Tesla Model Y Mods and Accessories

Completely agree. of course I promoted their products yesterday and my thread was taking down because I wasn't a vendor. LOL

But I will say, this site has an amazing collection of stuff, and unlike RPM actually respond to the customer.

Reactions: webbah
Completely agree. of course I promoted their products yesterday and my thread was taking down because I wasn't a vendor. LOL

But I will say, this site has an amazing collection of stuff, and unlike RPM actually respond to the customer.

I'm guessing shipping will be slow though - everything is shipped from China according to their shipping page. Nice that they're transparent I guess..

Reactions: gunthermic
I'm guessing shipping will be slow though - everything is shipped from China according to their shipping page. Nice that they're transparent I guess..

Like RPM but they just don't say it on the page. i would rather a vendor be upfront and say.. then my level of expectation is set. if i don't tell you and it takes weeks then I am a pissed off customer because my expectation is set too high! Just my opinion of course.

I will say I have 5 messages into RPM, two of them about returning faulty products. Guess which ones go unanswered??

Like RPM but they just don't say it on the page. i would rather a vendor be upfront and say.. then my level of expectation is set. if i don't tell you and it takes weeks then I am a pissed off customer because my expectation is set too high! Just my opinion of course.

I will say I have 5 messages into RPM, two of them about returning faulty products. Guess which ones go unanswered??
Yeah good luck with RPM. IF you get a reply it’s only to say the original reply is now delayed an additional 4weeks. So far my only Tesla disappointment was finding RPM.

Reactions: gunthermic
I also love the Tasmanian floor mats. I know they have a plastic look but they work well and I love the trunk liner.

I avoided rpm because it looked like shipping times were crazy.

Personally I wouldn't worry about Tesla Accessories or really anyone other manufacture. Usually they just buy popular 3rd party items and mark up the price. It's the same if you Buy a BMW. MB, Lexus or even Chevy.

Even if you need to do repairs or replace things like brakes I always have had good luck with quality aftermarket parts on all my cars and assume Tesla would be no different.