Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wife allows me short drives during covid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to recent news that covid probably spreads further than 6 feet my wife banned me from doing walks (I have asthma) but still allows me to take my S out once a week based on my argument that it’s good to keep the car in motion from time to time to lube the parts and it has a HEPA filter to protect me. Those 30 min driving around town are such a joy, especially since our socal hills are so green right now. Anyone having a similar experience?

Thanks to recent news that covid probably spreads further than 6 feet my wife banned me from doing walks (I have asthma) but still allows me to take my S out once a week based on my argument that it’s good to keep the car in motion from time to time to lube the parts and it has a HEPA filter to protect me. Those 30 min driving around town are such a joy, especially since our socal hills are so green right now. Anyone having a similar experience?

That’s nIce. Hopefully your wife allows you to pee twice a day, preferably while standing.

:p:p:p:cool:

funny. Your wife hasn’t said anything to me.:p

I am at my home office at 5AM. I think that going for a drive is the best safest activity. I dont leave the MY I do not come in contact with anyone. I can take calls in the car while driving if needed. I try and do this twice a day.

In this current state we live in, I like the drives. The Tesla is a nice interlude during the13 hours or so I put in.
Hope that all of you do the same!

Reactions: UncleCreepy

Had NO idea Mike Pence owned a Tesla. This is awesome.

After being inside for 3 days straight I said **** it and went out. If I get the covid then so be it, if i die from it then so be it.

After hearing from some people in China and learning what happens to folks there who say **** it and go out and if they, or someone they infect gets Covid 19, so be it I realized why they are having better success mitigating the disease than the land of the free and the home of the brave.

She's opposed to his walking around outside due to his asthma, not to his driving around in his car. He's doing the latter to compensate for no longer doing the former.
He says she allows him to take a drive based on his ARGUMENT. Why would he need an argument to take a drive if she didn’t oppose it?
After hearing from some people in China and learning what happens to folks there who say **** it and go out and if they, or someone they infect gets Covid 19, so be it I realized why they are having better success mitigating the disease than the land of the free and the home of the brave.
And you be a good boy and listen but more importantly believe everything you hear from China.

I don't believe a lot of the official propaganda put out by the PRC government but for some reason individual people seem to be able to communicate relatively freely. I am not suggesting that we do things their way - my point is that I think as a big, rambunctious, chaotic country with a dysfunctional government we should expect to see some pretty big mortality numbers from this disease.

It has been the opposite for me. My spouse thought that I should take my car out to get it in motion occasionally. We have tandem parking so it's more hassle than it's worth, since I've read that the issues that might affect some vehicles are either not applicable in a relatively short time range, or not applicable to an electric vehicle.

I really miss driving my car. Fortunately, my spouse has a Tesla, too, so when I have needed to drive, I could drive a Tesla. Ironically, if my spouse had kept the ICEV, my car would be outside since it was the preferred car, and it would be the ICEV that would need to be blocked in and occasionally let out to be driven for maintenance purposes. I'm so glad we went all EV before all this. No need to go to the gas station.

Last edited: