TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

WiFi doesn't automatically re-connect

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Blu-Ion, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Blu-Ion

Blu-Ion Member

Thw Wifi in my Model 3 doesn't automatically re-connect once I leave my garage, the only way to make it work again seems to be a 2 finder Tesla reboot, then it sees Wifi again.

Anybody else have this issue? Suggestions?

HW2.5

2. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

Not sure what your saying. Do you mean the Wi-Fi is not re-connecting once you return to your garage? Mine does but it takes a couple of minutes to do so. It loses the LTE after pulling into the garage and a couple of minutes to connect to my house Wifi.

3. Blu-Ion

Blu-Ion Member

It never reconnects to Wifi, when I get an update, I see the icon and ask to connect to wifi to download update, yet it is in my garage in wifi range. Reboot solves the issue every time

4. Ang_ontario

Ang_ontario New Member

I have the same issue. Unfortunately, I have nothing useful to offer you, I find a reboot is the only way at to get it to reconnect as well. Looks likely that it is not an issue with our individual wifi.

5. mw713tx

mw713tx Member

Same with me for a Y. Also for the first few calls after a reboot the bluetooth works with my iPhone. But after a couple of calls the caller can't hear the audio from inside the car any longer even though the car bluetooth is selected. Have to manually switch back to the iPhone speaker for the caller to hear me. Buggy. I read that this was an issue last year or before but was resolved - but MY are still on older software that still has the bugs.

6. Funkmobile

Funkmobile Member

Do you have more than one physical WIFI access point/router running?

7. Chippylad

Chippylad Member

I have the same problem but have found a workaround which is less brutal than a re-boot on my Model S MCU1/AP2. Touch LTE icon at top of screen and you get a pop-up box which allows you to switch off WiFI. Wait a few seconds, then switch it back on. Touch LTE icon again and list of available WiFi networks appears from which you can select the one you want and it will collect. An annoying problem ... but this is a 10 second solution.

• Like x 1